Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I replaced mine with Bosch blades from Amazon. I liked them from using on past cars. On the Focus, they did not work great and required using a supplied adapter, which was too noticeable for me. I ended up returning those and getting a pair of OEM blades from the Ford dealer. They work great and fit well. I highly recommend the Motorcraft blades from the dealer.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've been having issues with the wipers ever since replacing the original ones. The new Motorcraft ones started skipping and hanging up out of position almost immediately. Thinking maybe I got a set that had been sitting on the shelf for a while I tried another set, same results. I tried Rain-x and that made it even worse. After cleaning the windshield with with Windex and scraping it with a razor blade to clean off the Rain-x I replaced the wipers again with Michelin blades from Wally world. They work good except the passenger side makes a thumping sound at the top of it's travel from the adapter you have to use. So far they've been on for about 6 months and they haven't hung up out of place at all but the noise is annoying.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I completely forgot I started this thread. I'm going to try the Motorcraft ones this time just to say I did it. If they don't work out I'll try the best silicone ones I can find with a decent review.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I completely forgot I started this thread. I'm going to try the Motorcraft ones this time just to say I did it. If they don't work out I'll try the best silicone ones I can find with a decent review.
You mean the CP9Z-17528-A / CP9Z-17528-B ones? I'm still using the pair I bouight a year ago, they appear to be working strong still. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
You mean the CP9Z-17528-A / CP9Z-17528-B ones? I'm still using the pair I bouight a year ago, they appear to be working strong still. Highly recommend.
Yeah, I just ordered them from Rock Auto last night. They were like $11 each.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Mine started getting a couple streaks as they sweep across but this is till the originals but only have seen 47000 miles.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts