Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I saw a trick I want to try on the Scotty Kilmer page about after you clean the windshield applying a layer of wax to the glass and buffing it out good which apparently gets rid of the squeaks.
Cleanthe windows really well and use rainx, the wax i've found left streaks. i also use the rainx washer fluid(orange not green) year round. It has rainx in it and helps keep the windows smooth, so much so that if you're traveling at speed you dont even need to use the wipers sometimes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
18$ CA vs 16.84 US...
After shipping they came to about the same I think, so nothing lost here.
I ordered em last night anyway, so even if it was a bunch lower it wouldn't do me any good. Says they'll arrive Wednesday, so here's hoping all goes well with em.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
After shipping they came to about the same I think, so nothing lost here.
I ordered em last night anyway, so even if it was a bunch lower it wouldn't do me any good. Says they'll arrive Wednesday, so here's hoping all goes well with em.
Good. Hope you have good first experience!!

I got both OEM front struts for 160$ while here its 170$ each at the dealer. Worth it on high prices items.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They just came in. Was a little worried cause they do say "Motorcraft", but they got the right product number on them (and they say "Original Equipment Replacement"). Looking forward to some non-streaky wipers.
Anything in particular I should be doing before installation?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
They just came in. Was a little worried cause they do say "Motorcraft", but they got the right product number on them (and they say "Original Equipment Replacement"). Looking forward to some non-streaky wipers.
Do they have the weight on them every 4 inch ish?

Part number should start by WW

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Clean your window.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do they have the weight on them every 4 inch ish?

Part number should start by WW
Dunno what you mean with weight; nothing written on them, but there are little black parts that seem to hold it together every 5 inches.
Box has part number starting with WW. Red box.

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
PIAA silicone wipers FTW. I've been using them for ~20 years and I won't buy anything else. In my experience they last 3x longer than OEM blades or any other brand. The invisible silicone layer they leave on the windshield beads water up like Rain-X.

#97070 for L&R front

·
Registered
246 Posts
The Southern California sun seems to destroy them here. They aren’t completely useless, but there is tons of streaks and little tears in the blade that leaves lines when using the washers.

I’m scared to put the new blades on, but they’ll go on after I wash and detail my car this week (hopefully).

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just bought a 2012 Focus hatch and the front wipers on it were terrible in terms of chatter and noise even on a wet windshield. I wasn't sure what brand of wipers they were. I just put a set of OEM Blades on WW2802 (Left)/WW2803 (Right) and they are whisper quiet and work great.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
What part number from Ford are you using? Ford or Motorcraft? The quality is different.

Try CP9Z-17528-A and CP9Z-17528-B.

I've been using the above since I bought the car new and they last 2-3 years, no drag and no squeaks. I am on my 2nd set now (the car is 5 years and 9 months old).

I live in Montreal so we have big winter and big summer.
Does this apply to the 2014 SE, too?

41 - 60 of 69 Posts