Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
They do stock only Motorcraft in Canada.

Go to the part department and says you want to order the part number I/you posted. Make sure when you go pick it up it says that on the package.
Ahhh they can order it in for me. Nice.
I'll be sure to do that. Thanks for the help!

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
I owned a 2012 MK3 Focus with them. Right off I used Rain X liquid on the windows and solved and chatter of OEM wipers.
17,000 mi 3 years no problem.
Bought 2014 ST same wipers, Use Rain X in this car too.
Never a problem 3 and 1/2 years, 29,000 miles happy with original wipers still.
When I use the Rain X, I also carefully wipe the working surface of the blades using Rain X on a napkin, Clean off the dirt!
Still work like new!

Rain X ROCKS!!!!

The one complaint I hear is fogging. The wiper runs and a fog like smear on the glass. I agree that is BAD. The problem occurs because there is grease or oil on the glass UNDER the Rain X.
Solution is way more Rain X and a lot of hard rubbing to remove the greasy film.
Or use something chemical to remove the film before using the Rain X.
Once you got the Rain X direct on the glass, no more fog, ever. [hihi]
Rain-x blades FTW! replaced my Motocraft blades with Rain-x ones and love them. They work fantastic though after 4 months they are getting beat up and my TireRack windshield banner hasn't helped.

My rear wiper is Michelin branded and I am curious if they make front wipers for the Focus. I has Michelin wipers on my old Focus and they lasted 2 years and never chattered even at high speeds.

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
It actually does, a very good product.

Road film removes instantly using fuel to do it, just avoid the paint. All I've ever used. Ethanol in the fuel lets the fuel wash off with water now.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
There's a difference between Ford wiper blades and Motorcraft? What would the default be at the dealership?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I’ve been polishing my windshields for years with Bon Ami 1886 Formula powder. Keeps the windshield smooth and free of contaminates that can cause chatter. The stuff is even referred to specifically in a factory BMW service bulletin about chattering wipers.

The 1886 Formula is hard to find, but I get it at little independent hardware stores locally.

Or:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BQYBC6/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

I usually wipe down with a tar and adhesive remover first.

·
Registered
52 Posts
120,000 miles on my car and I am just now replacing my wiper blades. I think the blades are awesome. I haven't had to replace my head lights or fog lights yet either. Amazing.

·
Registered
967 Posts
The OEM Ford blades are just fine...never had issues. Get them on Amazon. #2802 d. side. #2803 p. side. #1204 rear. I have used Rain-X with mixed success. I think the key is to closely follow their application directions (duh right?) including if necessary, preparing the surface with their Extreme Clean glass polish to remove all crap. I have had Rain-X cause incredible chattering on our VW and stopped using it b/c of this but honestly, likely due to not prepping correctly. Doing this even if you don't use Rain-X is probably a great idea to promote good wiper performance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been using a set of Bosch blades that I bought at AutoZone 2 years ago. I only have problems with squeaking when my windshield gets too greasy. When was the last time you really deep cleaned your windshield?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Anybody have the part number for the rear blade for the mk3.5 (not sure if it’s different from the mk3)?
The number I found was WW1295. Being a clip-in style, most 12" ones will fit, they just won't have the same 'form' to them is the best way to describe it. Trico says to use part 12-M but the 'lines' don't quite line up.

And on the windshield side, I dropped to 24" blades, so far they've been great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I swung by the dealer. When they inputted the CP9Z-17528-A / CP9Z-17528-B numbers it adjusted it to the Motorcraft number.
Amazon prices for the wipers weren't much different than what dealer has, so I'll likely pick em up there. Wish cabin air filter was the same; $30 on Amazon, $55 in store (no install).

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I swung by the dealer. When they inputted the CP9Z-17528-A / CP9Z-17528-B numbers it adjusted it to the Motorcraft number.
Amazon prices for the wipers weren't much different than what dealer has, so I'll likely pick em up there. Wish cabin air filter was the same; $30 on Amazon, $55 in store (no install).
Get them on rockauto.com

They were 14$ last time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get them on rockauto.com

They were 14$ last time.
They are showing as about $20 on there. They have the cabin filter as well, at the same cost as it would be from Amazon (after shipping).
I oughta remember this website for car-stuff lol.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
They are showing as about $20 on there. They have the cabin filter as well, at the same cost as it would be from Amazon (after shipping).
I oughta remember this website for car-stuff lol.
Yeah. Make sure before you find a promo code on the web. You can get an extra 5% off with that: https://www.retailmenot.ca/coupons/rockauto.com

You pay canadian taxes on checkout (about 5%) so you have no duty to pay when you receive the package.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I just went with some Trico Instinct blades from Advanced Auto Parts. I wasn't going to wait for Amazon again. All the brands there had pretty good reviews. I saw a trick I want to try on the Scotty Kilmer page about after you clean the windshield applying a layer of wax to the glass and buffing it out good which apparently gets rid of the squeaks. I still don't like the wiper design. With pretty much every other car you can get any blade that's the right measurement. With the Focus it has to be the floppy blade or it doesn't work.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts