Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
They want to accidentally jam the tranny in reverse and blow apart the internals. That way they can replace it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll tell you the lockout has saved me several times already. My other car is a 6M, and I keep trying to go from 5 to 6 in the Focus. When I hit that resistance, it reminds me what car I'm in.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ya I drive 7 and 10 speed trucks all night. where Reverse is in top left so when I go to shift to 6th which I don't have I go oh good no instant explosion of my differential.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
there is a gate on it besides the reverse lock out sleeve. you would need to really try and force it in there to get it to go.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have NEVER found a need for one on my 08. You have to want to shift into reverse it takes a direct effort. I cant see it happening by accident.

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
I test drove a 2001 zx3 righ before i bought my 2001 zx3. The one I test drove had the lockout on it and I had no clue how to back it up at first. My car doesnt have it though. I think the previous owner by passed it because he bypassed the security key thing so that even the door keys can be used. (He lost the original one and didnt want to pay for an expensive new one.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts