Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Torretto!
I've had lots of cars with that shake, my 2003 sunfire had it... it got much worse and more pronounced with stage 2 cams... there was almost a resonance to it that would really shake the car hard for a few secs

w/ my magic bag
Try Vibrations on any hog motor, whether its a knucke, pan, Evo, twin cam.

Torretto!
That's why you have to loctite every single nut and bolt on a hog or else you end up losing parts or having things fly off or fall apart..lol

Registered
I once knew a guy who fancied himself the Harley builder of all Harley builders, but when I had to follow him on the printing presses I commonly had to redo everything he did. He brought his newly rebuilt Harley to work to show it off and at some point, it was shaking so hard at idle in neutral on the sidestand that suddenly it rocked the trans into gear and the bike then took off across the parking lot sans rider. Pretty funny, I almost choked trying not to laugh in front of him.

Torretto!
I installed a cfm rmm and the car now idles smoother then stock...no shake!

Registered
I had a problem with mine doing a crazy amount of shaking when I was driving, especially as I got to 50MPH and more. I did have a couple motor mounts replaced. I'm not noticing it's not as quiet as it used to be, and I do get a little bit of vibration when I put it in drive. I think at the same time I was having the really bad vibration issues, it seemed like while I was idling the rpms would slight go up or the engine would rev up a little. It was doing it when I took it to the dealership.

Registered
If it was only at freeway speeds, it could be wheels that need balancing
I was kind of thinking that. I was thinking of going and getting a balance and alignment. It is still pretty loud though. I have to turn up the radio when I'm in the car by myself. I'm going to sit in the car for a while and see if I get much vibration while just idling.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts