Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like it says, why sedan over the hatch? Let's keep this a clean discussion and no bashing of any kind.

I actually chose my sedan because it was the only Focus on the lot at the time, so I couldn't test out a hatch before I bought it, but I love it, though.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
because my parents bought it. annnnddddd sedans are better hahahaha

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I think when I got mine there were 3 hatches and the Sedan that I have now. I pulled up on the lot thinking what kinda Sedan is that because of the Sap on it . Then I got to thinking that in the Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift , they used a Red Mitsubishi Lancer and with the Sap on it it almost looked like the same thing . So I test drove it for a few miles turned around came back to the dealer and said where do I sign. And the rest is history .

So I never gave the Hatch a fighting chance , Sedan all the way for me . :)

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I bought My 03 SE because it was $2500 and We needed a car, now.

My ST was because I wanted another sedan when My exgf totaled it, and having done My research this time, I got the right sedan. Plus, I have access to larger vehicles if I really need to haul stuff around, so I really don't need a hatch. And just call Me paranoid, but I don't want people being able to walk past My car and see My speaker box.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I'm quite aware of that, but You haven't seen the boxes I'm exposed to. No cover will work short of blacking out the rear windows.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My ST was because I wanted another sedan when My exgf totaled it, and having done My research this time, I got the right sedan.
Yeah, IF I ever do get another one that's not a '12 ST, I will go with the ST.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
because my parents bought it. annnnddddd sedans are better hahahaha
Haha thats why I partially got mine
I'm quite aware of that, but You haven't seen the boxes I'm exposed to. No cover will work short of blacking out the rear windows.
haha I know what you talking about with this one

My story is totaled my sentra, party's said I could get any car I wanted within reason. Looked at them and said I want a focus ( thuy would have bought me a stang or something faster) was eyeing a 5spd zx3 but my mom didn't want to learn to drive stick. So I got the sedan. And freaking love it!!!!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Several reasons: First one, there was no hatch in '10 just 2 door or 4 door. Next I have 2 small kids and a wife, so I needed to keep it family friendly. Next, The 4 door is way more useful then the 2 door for everything. Lastly a properly done sedan looks so bad ass, and the sleeper part helps as well. Lastly I love the look of the 4 door touring car look.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The rear visibility is better in the sedan. The hatch has blind spots.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Love the 12' sedans looks, especially at night after I remote start it and its all lit up and shining. Then there's the fact that my full set of cornhole boards fits easily into the trunk. The back seat has to be folded down, but hey it's easy enough to do. My set of golf clubs fits back there without folding the seats down no problem.

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
I love trunks always have thats why i got my sedan.lol

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well got my current Focus because they don't make hatches in 2011. Plus this is my 3rd Sedan. I like them.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
I like the SVT's, I like the 23 better= hence a sedan. But did test drive a couple of svt's before the st. Had a choice of over a dozen svt's.

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
-Cheaper
-Looked good
-Feels cozier (hatches are way more open with the trunk)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I paid $13,900 for a brand new car, you couldnt get a hatback (at the time) for under $20k. Also my driving record isnt so shaby and sedans are slightly lower on the insurance. Lastly, nothing against hatches but the mk3 sedans look so classy.[loveff]

1 - 20 of 105 Posts