Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why did i bougth a winter pack. if i store this winter

Some people recommand me to keep my SVT in the garage this winter.

Should i store the SVT this winter?

What do you guys think?

I've just bougth one as you migth know.

[:)]

·
Registered
37 Posts
depends on if you plan on using it as a daily driver or do you want to keep it to use for fun?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
well also depends on what tires you have.....if yhou have performance summer tires...shew...good luck gettin round on the snow.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Glad I live in Florida...no snow and I can enjoy a cold beer on a hot christmas morning!

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well there is this deal on 4 nice mags for 400$ total who ends the 31 of july who could fit on 15" that i already have for winter.

I also have a 95 Grand prix stuck in Pennsylvania that i can't sell coz of customs papers not done.[rolleyes]

I could use this old car to beat this winter or sell it here once i bring it back.[?|]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Well if you do decide to drive it and it freezing ass cold out.... you have heated seats and mirrors!!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
oh yes the heated seats.... [:D] that's all you need. the first winter season i used my stock tires and that was the worst winter around here in a long time. the tc helped out a lot on my part. i DO NOT recommend using the stock tires as they are horrible for winter use. this previous winter i bought 4 16" rims and tires off a st170 focus(?) all brand spankin new for $300! well i had to drive an hour to get them, didn't want to pay the $150 for shipping[;)] [:)~]

03OrangeSVT, are you going to the N.E. Ohio g2g in Ashtabula tomorrow? i'd love to see that beast.

N.E. Ohio g2g

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Oh yeah!
It's a fine winter car...mine's driven daily.
And oh how sweet those heated seats are. [:D]

I agree with the tire comments.
It's well worth obtaining a 2nd set of wheels/tires for dedicated winter use.
SVTF-Winter Tire reviews

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Do yourself a favor. Buy dedicated wheels and tires. Start shopping for them now and you can catch a good deal.

I just bought four steelies with blizzaks mounted on them for $100.00 from another member.

I tried driving last winter with high performance tires that were "all-season." They handled like wet turds on the snow. I was afeard for my life, and my pretty rims were trashed.

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man-the winter here are LONG!

I have a garage so i could put the blue piranha in it and look at it all winter long[:D] .

I don't know what to do.My dad say run with it and other tell me to drive an old car this winter.

At least stored in the garage,the salt on the road couldn't affect the body.[:(!]

·
Registered
296 Posts
i drive in winter, a good set of snow tires help out a lot. i don't know what Quebec winters are like, but Saskatchewan winters are pretty bad.

btw, its to early to think about snow, its July.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If they salt the roads in your area, park the SVT... It would be a crying shame to let it rot from all the corrosion.

If you live in an area that just lets the ice stay where it is, then what the heck, get some wheels and tires, and have fun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I lived in minnesota for 22 of my 31 years and if you do park it in a garage make sure to put cardboard or plastic on the ground under the car. this will help keep the moisture away from the bottom and protect that nice car. Also if you can go without looking at it cover it too. just an idea.[idea]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Future STV rider said:
Well there is this deal on 4 nice mags for 400$ total who ends the 31 of july who could fit on 15" that i already have for winter.

I could have sworn that you need at least a 16" wheel to fit around the front brakes....

I use my stock 17" with DUnlop Graspic's ... they work great on dirt/snow.. not so great on dry roads...

For the summer I have a set of 18" with some Toyo's... (still need to get pics on here of)

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gwizzy said:
I could have sworn that you need at least a 16" wheel to fit around the front brakes....

I use my stock 17" with DUnlop Graspic's ... they work great on dirt/snow.. not so great on dry roads...

For the summer I have a set of 18" with some Toyo's... (still need to get pics on here of)
Wow i didn't knew the 15" Wv Golf tires would not fit.[:)]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Personally i never saw the point of buying snow tires. Realistically, i maybe drive on snow covered roads 20 times a year. Thats not enought to justify buying a whole other set of tires for. I just driver slower and more cautiously. Although i could see futher north they would most likely come in handy but the majority of the winter the roads are clear here.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I would suggest you buy some steel wheel and winter tires. I had to do it with my vw's and I plan to do it with the svtf too. While it's warm still go to a salvage yard. I got all four steel wheels for my vw last year for $55(us).Then I paid 100 buck for 4 tires of wheelmax.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts