hi mates! this is my first post ever. i own a 2005 ford focus and am totally in love with it. it's been great to me these past 10 years and i was FINALLY in the market to get a new one.
after using the left side audio controls on the steering wheel for almost a decade, it was a shock when i test drove one and the audio controls were on the right.
is there a reason behind this change?
1) i noticed a lot of other companies still have it on the left.
2) it seems weird since a person's hand would be on the shifter.
3) for smokers it causes issues.
4) the radio is already towards the right hand side, so it's almost redundant.
5) i'm left handed so it made a lot of sense.
now i am pretty sure ford's RD team has a lot more insight to this and testing so i'm probably in the wrong, but does anyone know why they moved it?