Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so just a little back story on what I'm working with here. I was able to pick up a nice little blue 04 SVT hatchback for only a couple hundred bucks. I had a bare bone 02 ZX3 awhile ago and loved that little thing. Fast forward to a bit more recently when I started this project.
Basically the kid I picked the SVT up from melted the hell out of it! First all the thermostat housing was a blob, and the air inlet housing was even a hardened gloppy mess! (Fyi that 1 part was a pain in the arse to find unless I went with some funky polished kaleidoscope of a box from some company I've never heard of for a whole new intake....)
So obviously I sent the head out to get machined, cleaned up, light polish done and said screw it and did new valves. Upon installing the cleaned up head, bunch of new parts and gaskets, when I was setting the timing with the new belt the back of the intake cam grenaded! Unfortunately the exhaust cam back end isn't too far behind, cracked everywhere. This is where the cam holder slides in by the way.
So I haven't been able to find hardly anything except...... Ebay so far.... for an OBX "stage 1" cam set.... what the hell?! Why can't I find anything other this 1 item? It took months just to find that damn air inlet for the intake manifold, is this going to be my life with this unless I'm looking for headlight assemblies lol
For those of you that have had better luck with these first gens I'd like to hear some input on where to find parts, if those are still out there.
On a final note, I'd like to give all the bolt on Subarus around my town with 20 stickers for extra hp a run for their money haha!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Personally I'd start calling around junkyards. One SVT even showed up at a local LKQ a while back. I've heard of performance cams for the car in the past but haven't personally seen any. I am interested though, what valves did use to replace the old and do you mind sharing the link?

·
FF Affiliate
30,513 Posts
None of the OBX cams work in the SVT , they have to be SVT specific cams , CAT Cams makes some and a few other UK guys sell them

If you want stock contact 5acrefocus , matt rowe he has a lot of Focus parts

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts