Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making more then 3 or 4, i've found i'm gonna make somewhere around $10,000... I've pretty much made my decision to strip out my system and intake, sell them (anyone interested in an $250 AEM cold air intake?), trade in my car, and get something with more balls.. looking at RX-8's and other $30,000 sports cars with manual transmissions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
damnit, this was supposed to be a reply.. (please delete, i aint got the admin rights to do it myself)

[edit:] delete if you want to, but it sprang up an unexpected conversation...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
why dont you want to keep your focus. i think the focus are great cars. ive never had any types of problems with mine not even with my old 2001 se. i guess the only real problem i can say i had and have on my new car is that the brakes make some noise but thats about it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
why blow all your money on a new RX-8? i personally think they're ugly, but that doesn't matter. it would make mroe sense to buy like a used RX-7, 3000GT VR-4, hell, even a 240sx and work on it. you'll get way more bang for your buck, new cars are the biggest rip-offs out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm tired of old, used cars... i started out with a granny-mobile.. then bought a new 02 hatchback..

the focus is a good car, i love mine to death, but i've gotten to a point where the lil 130 hp 4 bangers aren't enough to satisfy my need for speed.... i want a real car. and i wanna buy it new without help...

and after test driving the RX-8.. i fell in love with it :) also, i'm sick of driving an automatic.. i want a 6-speed.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I hear you on the automatic. That is a very good point. Also, I feel you on the need for a RX-8. That's on my wishlist!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was high on my wishlist, too.. have you test driven one yet? nothing beats the sound of a Rotary 2 engine reving at around 9000 RPM's [thumb]

i just happen to be one of the lucky ones who'll be able to afford one when i get back

·
Registered
951 Posts
The 350Z is a nice lil ride. I've driven a couple of them and I was impressed......pretty comfortable too. Haven't had the chance to drive the new RX.....I'm not fond of the styling anyways, but get whatever the hell you want. If you like it, and you think it's fun to drive, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, i got into a 350Z, too.. was thinking about getting one of those, too.. but it doesn't have as much legroom as the RX-8... personally, i think the RX-8 has more stuff that i like about it than the 350Z, though it was a close call...

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
I saw a convertible 350Z... silver... black guy pimpin it out... driving next to and a little behind it was a reg silver one. I think he probably felt like "damn, that guys gotta convertible!!" Loser.. hehe.. JK

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I think since all this talk about getting a 350Z is getting to me, I'm gonna go buy me one on Monday. I think I've got enough cash saved up.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good. when you get it, come down to louisiana. Your 350Z, my RX-8, and Joe's S2000.. we'll own this city.. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts