Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whut do u people think about puttin the Infinity Perfects 6.5 component speakers in the front and the back of my foci? You think it would sound good or not? I also need some ideas for the tweeter placement. Lemme Know Thanks

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
in the front would sound good, but you won't want them in the rear since that will be too much for the rear, you want to keep the sound stage in front of you, best bet for the rear would be a real nice set of 6x8's or something in that area, coaxials.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
If your going for good SQ the imaging (where your brain percieves the sound coming from) is important, it's best to focus on the front before the rear (if you focus on the rear at al that is), if I remember correctly, the infinity perfect 6.5's run for about $150 or $160 or something around that? For that money I think CDT audio cl-61a classics from thezeb.com would be noticably clearer. But to get any componets to shine you should have a good amount of power from an amp to feed them. For compnoets in the front you can put the tweeters in the window corners where the mirror adjustments are made) but the closer you get them to the mids, the better, a general rule is to keep them within 18" of the mid. They should also be crossfired (passenger side tweeter points towards drive and visa versa) for equal pathlengths which gives better imaging. If you can't have the tweeter on-axis (pointing towards the driver's and passenger's heads (give or take about 15 degrees) it's generaly better to go with titanium tweeters over silk tweeters beause of the bettter off-axis response. As RPIJG said, for the rear you could throw in some 6x8's or 6x9's but i would fade them somewhat so it doesn't screw with your imaging. Good luck.

- Scott

·
Registered
19 Posts
i will agree with the guys up top here...

rear speakers in a focus were meant for fill, hell many guys who are really into the SQ scrap the rear all together since its hard to get'em to sounds proper.

just leave the stockers in there spot - unampped! it'll work just fine.

also defintely check out the CDT Audio comps. they are worth every last cent.
if your really looking for good SQ and are willing to spend a little more the CDT HD series rock, along with Image Dynamics Chamelon series.

tweeter placement- fun stuff. 2 ways:

perfect placement would be like 3 inches up the A pillar facing towards the mid windshield. tough to get right...

much easier & second best placement. if you can just make a plate to fit the mid-bass and tweet and leave that in the stock location. i can help you out somemore if you need it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
sound stream makes some great speekers, that is what I am going to install.
you could put the tweeter next to the door handle you have to cut a hole though. Or fiberglass a realy small box and put them on the conner of your front wind sheild. the ideas are endless thats what I love about the focus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts