Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious. I am really considering buying one and garaging my SVT. I don't mind driving around a grandmother car for my everyday commute. I hear a lot of people talk about the powerworks systems, but I don't know many people on here who are running one. Just let me know what you think of them.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Hopefully soon I can give you some feedback...

..that is unless I change my mind again and go another route...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it looks like your running a pretty quick car now. i am hoping to get a good bonus when i start work this summer, then get a powerworks kit. i have to pass emmissions so sc is the only root i can go, besides i am too far from tom, but pretty close to the guys at mcnews. 251whp seems ridiculously quick for an SVT.

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
well one of my friends thats in my focus club has a vortech kit on his svt. hes puttin down 251 to the wheels right now. i know u said powerworks but.............just thought id let ya know . got a vid of his dyno. dont think hed mind if i posted it up.

CLICK ME!!

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
the vortech is a good kit, probably has better top end than the pw

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trainfan said:
I've got a Powerworks SVT. What would you like to know?
Is it worth the big investment? Do you use it as your daily driver? How much more fun does it make the car? And if you ever went, what are you running on the 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
115 Posts
It is our family car, and my wife drives it to work everyday. It'll still get nearly 32 MPG out on the open road, but if you get into the boost much, it goes down quickly. The car runs and drives like Ford should have made it in the first place. I can't tell you how good it is, you'd have to experience it.
I'm not a drag racer, I'm a road racer. I can tell you that Cobra's, Lightning's, GTO's and other bigger more powerful cars have been mighty surprised to see a five door hatch pass them or stay right on their tail.
I think that a roots type blower is better for these cars, that's why I chose Powerworks. Centifugal blowers have to spool up, with a roots the boost is immediate. The kit is excellent. The only thing it didn't do was install it's self.
I'm going to McNews on May 1st for a dyno pull if you want to see it in action.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your definetly making me jealous. how many miles did your car have on it before you got the kit?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've been running mine for the last 20K miles (since June '05). Went on the car at 20K. Has been my daily driver for the most part ... it's my winter beater!

I tend to use mine like trainfan - open track days. And I get the same reaction when going by the other cars.

I'm due for a trip to Erie sometime in the next couple months (my hometown) ... would be happy to take you for a test ride/drive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I highly recommend the Powerworks kit. I love my PW SVTF! Lots of boost as soon as you step on the gas, the car pulls hard in every gear, and still gets 30-32 mpg on the freeway. (when you are not into the boost)

With a Mustang GT MAF, you could be at 270+ whp with this kit.

I have put on 5K miles with this set-up and it runs as smooth as it did when I first had it tuned.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My stock engine ... no.

My 'built up' engine ... well lets not talk about that one yet.

·
FocusXtreme
2,280 Posts
I drove COSDEVSVT car at jetfest (thanks) and its very impressive.
I installed you for a buddy of mine and they work great.
Your wife or girl friend could drive it and never know its on the unless you mash it.
Great gasmileage and like most FI set up its easy to drive.
You think 250hp is hard to control but its not takes about a week of driving and it nothing but fun.

If your planing on going over 300hp then itas a great kit
I just have it checked out on a dyno just to make sure you tunning is just right.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you can get the Ford TSB clutch fix done to your SVT you shouldn't have any clutch issues.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
man, all this talk of powerworks, stop! i want one!!..arnt the power bands on the m62 the safest on the stock internal outa any form of f/i out there?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dussin said:
that much whp makes me nervous. do you have anything else done to your motor?
Stock SVT motor, Mustang GT MAF, ORP, Magnaflow exhaust, HPC Coated header. The tune is awesome though, very smooth. I am careful with it knowing I am at the limit of the stock block.

Doesn't slick shoes have around 270 whp with his setup? I know there are other people with this much or more power on a stock block. They are fine so long as they have a really good tune.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts