Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive got a spare (blown) motor from my svt and im thinking of biulding it into a boosted beast, granted its in good enough condition to do that. Whos hands is the best to leave my engine in to be biult the right way for boost and how much do yall think i would be looking at? the engine will actually be disasembled (so i can see what caused it to blow, i know 2 plugs were completley demalished) and see what in the head is going to have to be replaced or if the head is even any good. thanks.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i think any experience engine builder can build you a good engine. Tom knows what works best on the focus cuz he's done everything with them so if i was to pay for one i would certainly to to him first.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Didnt know if you guys knew it, but i build them also. Tom is good but retireing. I am well known around my area for builds from Mustangs to these cars.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
After my last build... I'm doubting my abilities..... OK maybe the beer had something to do with it..... [hah]

My first choice would be Tom, and second would be Mike

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Didnt know if you guys knew it, but i build them also. Tom is good but retireing. I am well known around my area for builds from Mustangs to these cars.
Mike... do you seriously sleep? where do you find the time to do everything down there? [thumb]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Honestly, thats part of the reason i was in the hospital last week.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
TAKE a FRIGGEN vaca! lol I know it pays the bills but piece of mind is more imoprtant. I'm sure you have some paid time avail to take.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys, tom how much would i be looking at for a fully biult 2.0 not really looking to stroke it out. just make a good strong engine for some boost?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
you can go to focus-power.com and look

·
FF Affiliate
30,934 Posts
thanks guys, tom how much would i be looking at for a fully biult 2.0 not really looking to stroke it out. just make a good strong engine for some boost?
With billet main caps and all the goodies to do a good 350HP safe engine your looking at about 3500.00 , You wont find a better deal for everything your getting

Tom

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
That's not a lot at all if you think about it. for 3500 plus say about 6k for turbo and tuning. and you can really pick up and go.... try that with any v8

1 - 15 of 15 Posts