Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Who's running poly mounts in their BSD 23?

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
Who's running poly mounts in their BSD 23? How are the vibrations at idle? I 'm running a vf engineering dogbone & dsm w/ the oem psm. I don't have any issues right now, just trying to figure out when I need to replace the psm, to go w/ a motorcraft one or a poly mount. Just looking for a little insite, thoughts.

#3 ·
Thanx Aaron for your input. Did you install the dsm & psm at the same time? I installed the dsm mount last yr & its not bad, I really didn't notice any addition vibes. I believe the psm mount would add some, not sure how much more. Just trying to think if it'd add say twice as much or not, compared to the dogbone or a little bit.

#4 ·
I did all three poly mounts at the same time. I can't really remember that much of an increase in vibration over just having the BSD. But it's been a couple years and I'm used to it, and I'm sure every car reacts differently. I find the Squeaks made by my poly suspension bushings more annoying than the vibration from the BSD and poly mounts.

#6 ·
I'm due for a PSM, again, and am considering poly all around. I have a poly dogbone mount and BSD now and I'll be interrested to see how they are.

#8 ·
When I have spare cash laying around. There's about $1,000 worth of "maintenance" that I'd like to do to my car but for now it's just scheduled maintenance.

Is VF the best product or are there others?

The only reason I know my mounts are bad is because every piece of plastic in the cab is buzzing and vibrating.

#9 ·
Corksport, JBR= James Barone Racing, Street unit all have mounts for Mazda 3's. I had a thread a couple yrs ago, if the Mazda psm would work on the foci's. So when I needed to replace the reverse switch last yr, I installed a vf engineering dsm, as that one fits. IDK if the Mazda3 mounts would work. They'll bolt to the motor, but I don't know about the chassis.

#10 ·
after breaking the 4th stock dogbone mount at the track I bought a VF-Engineering poly one from fswerks

this one won't break :)
as far as vibration goes, HECK yes, it changed the cranking sound, and you can feel it at idle lots, but once you are at 2000rpm or higher It isn't that noticeable.

#14 ·
The only Mazda mount I'd use would be a aftermarket psm, there is a lot more companys offering poly mounts for the Mazda3 then the Foci. Going oem, I'd only use the motorcraft one. JBR, Corksport & a few others out there for the mazda3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.