Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering who on here is running just springs on there focus and what brand they are.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Me! SVT springs. SVT struts will go in when the stockers wear out.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I ran sprint springs on my old zx3 and loved em. I ran a 205/40/16 tire on it, and it sat low. Actually sat lower than a H&R cup kit on a 215/45/17. The handling was nice. Didn't have any problems. Drove around on those for 17k miles or so.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
^^ Likewise I had the sprint springs on stock suspension for about 6 months to a year... then the KYB AGX made my ride twice as enjoyable!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
False economics to put just springs on unless you already have performance shocks. Springs with relatively low increases in spring rate will allow stock shocks to last a little longer but you will not be getting the benefits of a coordinated system. If bucks are a concern seriously think about getting the SVT spring, shock. and rear sway bar kit for 250.00 or so.

·
Registered
714 Posts
i had mine running on Eibach Pro-Kit springs on the stockers for about 4 months with no problems, then i got the KYB AGX's on it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have Eibach Pro springs on my SVT. The SVT suspension makes the switch to Eibach's .75" extra drop (from an SVT's .75" drop (1.5" total) very comfortable and hardly noticable. IMO.

I can see it, and feel it... even though it's not THAT much different... but that's cause it's MY car. I know how my baby feels.

I was scared the ride would be terrible leaving the stock struts/dampners in for a short while, but it's really okay.

*shrug*

P.S. anyone want a used set of SVT springs? :D It's a good difference in a non SVT with the .75" drop! :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have the eibach sportlines and i had the stock dampers and shocks on it for a couple of months. I dont know how blown struts or shocks feel, but i think that those were getting pretty close. I would suggest getting some kind of kit....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had my sportlines on for about a 2-3weeks. Not to bad but i will be getting a shock kit before i put my new rims on

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
ive had my sportlines on for a little over 6 months and i love them. however i will be getting new struts and shocks. mine are on their way out. i am thinking either the eibach pro struts or the KYB ones. iono yet.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
might as well go KYB.. tehn you can make them nice and comfy for everday and when you wanna drive your car hard... just pull over pop the hood and adjust the dampers.....

im actually kind of regretting having my dad buy me the DropZone struts i have..... they're pretty nice... and they were a b-day gift.... but when they wear out... or when i have the cash.. im gonna get some AGX's but thats pretty far down my list.... H/E is next....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts