Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I like my Focussport tune a lot. Great customer service as well.

A lot of people love Toms tune as well. He has a sub-forum on this site. He owns Focus-power and has done a TON of tuning on all Foci.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Ill have to say tom, but thats all i have any experience with.

·
Registered
351 Posts
From what I hear from the other members, I feel Tom would do a super job! My Escape was tuned by Torrie McPhail of www.fastpartsnetwork.com and is super! His dyno and tunes have put out a '93 Mustang Cobra with over 700 RWH and an '05 Ford GT with 1089 RWH. Plus, he's a really great guy to work with! I would assume he's done the Focus too.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
i have heard nothing but great things with toms tune, but somthime ive also seen people waiting on there tune from tom. steeda has horrable costomer suvice so the Q is FS tune or TOMS TUNE. its hard to pick.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
I think I'm going to also go with Tom once SCT comes out with some tunes for 2008-2009! Looking forward to it! :)

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Tom creates the tune, he doesn't use SCT's base tune.

Check out his sub-forum http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72 and feel free to ask him any questions. Excellent customer service, quality, and free updates.
Yes, but SCT has to crack the 2008-2009 stuff before he can make any tunes is what I meant I guess. I talked to him about getting the XCal 3 and about the 2008-2009 and he said they are still working on it.

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
i still have yet to work with tom on a tune i have worked with focus sport and they have great tune and customer service as well but i have spoke with tom on the 08 tuning and he was beta testing last time i spoke with him so who know's but my vote still goes to FS

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I have both FocusSport and Tom tune. Both are good. There are 2 major differences however. Plz read carefully.
IF >> You want a tune customized for your XX, AND you do not anticipate changes in the future. FS vs Tom = null diff
IF >> You want a tune customized for your XX, AND you do anticipate changes in the future. Tom Tunes
IF >> You want a tune customized for your XX, AND you do anticipate purchase of the SCT Advantage program. Tom Tunes (FS does not sell 'unlocked' tunes).

I currently am running Tom Tune. I do own Advantage and am currently tuning the 'hanging revs' out of the tune (slowly!).
Hope that answers your question regarding diffs. 8-D

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Just ordered a Tune from Tom yesterday for my 07 Zx4 Duratec 2.0L . So hopefully I'll have it by next week sometime and can let you know how it is if you haven't gotten one yet .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts