Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright this is just a question to see who all has a fast focus in the southern WI Northern IL area. I'm going to be home on midtour leave in the begining of July and will be itching to try out my new setup. I should be in the 12's for sure( unless i break something) DOn't exactly know where in the 12's thou being that i'm not going to be on DRs. So is there anyone in that area running these speeds? If so you want to race? Dragstip of course. Great Lakes drag or Byron

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
If you're in the 12s, I don't think there's anyone in the Great Lakes area that could stand next to you, except maybe Goat Roper when he gets his car running.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the guy with the V6 turbo focus? I forget his screenname but I would think he'd be atleast in this area. What about any FI foci in the area?

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Most FI Focuses are above 13.5.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
yes... what mods do you have... I must know!!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i'm still in the process of everything going in but I have a built engine and will be running a procharger c-2 w/ around 20psi. if you want exact details.

CGI block w/ oil squirters, steel crank, crower rods, diamond pistons 9:1, new FR head with MCNews SC cams and gears, FR Intake mani, 65mm FC TB, 71lb RC injectors, SVTF Fuel pump, Kenney Bell BAP, Exedy hypertech sigle disc clutch, T-2 diff, C-2 procharger w/ 22x3x8 FMIC, Diablo Mafia, and SCT PRP for tuning W/ a wide band O2. Running on rota slips with falken rt615s for tires. Will be getting another set of front rotas with hoosier DRs but thats not till later.

As far as suspension I have the H&R cupkit and sway bars, Energy suspension bushing, steeda chromoly front stutbar, TCE front and rear mini break upgrade( still need a svt rear brake set so i can put my rear brake upgrade on but the upgrade is sitting in the garage right now)

thats about it for the performance aspect I'm sure there are a few small details that i have left out but they aren't things that affect the complete performance of the vehicle so I'm not to worried about it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
^^^I could match you in braking and cornering power, but you would blow me away after that. Looks like you're putting together a really nice combo[thumb]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Two Words:

Goat. Roper.

Oh, and where in Southern WI are you? We'll have to ty to get a G2G scheduled during the time you are back so you can come and hang out and show off that beast.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in janesville so i'm like an hour away from great lakes dragway. What kind of setup is goat roper runing? I'm planing on making it to the track at least once while i'm home. Hopefully i won't break anything. Don't get me wrong i'm not a straight line only guy, i'm rather good at taking the twisties as well but i don't really have much time while i'm home so I'll be lucky just to make it to the track inbetween dyno tuning and all. Right now i have a few people that are already getting lined up to race so long as they don't break anything between now and then.

Anyone know af a good dyno shop around the southern WI, northern IL area that is a qualified SCT PRP dealer and tuner. I have one place that i'm looking at but he mainly does mustangs. I'm sure he'd be able to handle tuning the focus no broblem but it's always nice to take it to someone who has tuned like cars befor.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
www.massivespeedsystem.com
^^ they should be able to help u on the tunning..
as for scott(goat roper), i think he is running a fully built block w/ ported head/cams, portotype IM, Powerworks S/C w/ more boost i think, ummm...and i think a direct port nitrous system as well..i really don't know whaa he has untill he actually debus the car...but it will be very fast.

By the way, u need to come to the MSS dream cruize/import wars g2g in late June..!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
^^^Logan Motorsports in South Elgin. They're an SCT dealer/tuner and they've done a number of Focus. You can also contact Karl at Massive Speed System. He gets his stuff tuned by Logan Motorsports.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
THis should be sweet.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I won't be able to show up to that g2g being that i'll still be on my way home from iraq and even once i get home then i have to break in my new motor and get everything all tuned up.

Sounds like Scott might be a worthy challenge. Going to have to see what kind of numbers he throws down and might have to settle the battle of the fastest WI foci on the track. But thats only if hes up to it. So what do you think Goat?

I'm going to look into Logan Motorsports. There is also this other shop that tunes mustangs that is very reputable with the prp. So i'm going to be contacting him as well. If everything goes well there should be a 350+whp focus in WI around the 5th-7th of july. I think thats also the highest HP procharged focus so far. Thats one for the magazines there.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^

THat is pretty impressive... but lets see those dyno's

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Never saw this thread until now.

On half spray I am guesstimating 400whp (after a hell of a lot of tuning/testing). Would be a decent race.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn sounds like your going to have a one up on me until i get my spray going as well. Thats not until alot later however. I need to get all this stuff set up first. 350whp is just an estimate but a very good one at that. based on the way Rays car is responding to the c-1 procharger and the limited tuning he has done to the setup so far i could possibly be higher than 350 whp but i'm not jumping to any conclusions. I can honestly say that i'll be runing 20psi between 7000-7500rpms. i have a 9:1 insted of 8.5:1 so that right there gives me just a little more power out of the charger plus I'm going with the C-2 which puts out a higher cfm than the c-1 charger.

As for the dynos you'll see them as soon as i get them. Like i said i won't be home until very late june and then have to break in the engine. I'm really starting to get excited over everything coming together.

So Goat when are you going to have your car all tuned up? We could probably do a run at great lakes dragway. Best of 3 pays gate fee if your down. depending on how the tuning goes you might have to disconect your bottle to make it fair however.

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
I am cool with that, gate fee it is. We can work the logistics of who is spraying what later.

My engine will have 8.2-1 pistons but with the head already decked a point, it will be 9.2-1, perfect for the roots in my opinion. The procharger is a bit different.

Good question on the date for being all tuned up. Have to sort out cams after I get it broken in, right out of the box I am just going to use stock cams and get a good baseline. After that cams and ECU work. Then and only then start playing with spray.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Remember Goat... I get a ride in the nitrous-powered Goatmobile!!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts