Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have 5000K in my headlights and 3000K (yellow) in my fogs. Both are 55w since the original halogens for both were 55w.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
How hard is it to wire up ballasts to my lights? Wondering for when I get my car back if I should order an HID kit or not...
Are you able to work a zipper?

If you answered yes to that question, you can wire up the ballasts. There is no cutting or crimping or soldering. Plug and play.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I like DDM myself. (www.ddmtuning.com) I've never had an issue with them, but you will hear differing opinions on that from other members. I've done at least 5 purchases from them with no problem in shipping or the products themselves. They do come from China though so expect to wait up to 2 weeks to get it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Are you putting HIDs into the projector headlights? Or in your original ones...? I can't really recommend putting them in the originals (although I did for a short while). Now I didn't get flashed for blinding people, but I did re-aim my lights after the HIDs were in. And you will need a special harness because the bulbs you need have a solenoid in them to move them for your high beams.

These are the ones from my original headlights I now keep in my closet. They are bi-xenon H13's.

Notice in the first image that the bulb is out further then in the second. When you hit the high beams, the solenoid is activated and pulls the bulb closer to the base, giving you your high beams.

This is what your order page should look like if you're putting them in original housings.

If you have projectors, change the bulb type to H9. You can change the bulb color if you want. I'd stick to 4500K or 5000K for the best results. The H13 hi/lo is $20 extra because it includes the necessary harness for the solenoids. You will have to hook it up to the battery. You don't need mounting brackets because zipties and high strength double sided tape (the foam-like kind from 3M) will be fine. My friend ordered their brackets and they're extremely flimsy.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
you don't really need h13's hi/lo because a 55w is plenty at least to me LOL

You ALWAYS want a hi/lo in a car that needs it. It's not just about safety. It's also courteous to other drivers. You don't want to blind them. That's how accidents happen.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts