Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah well not totally whooped it but embarassed him over and over. This happened last week this guy at work always bragging about racing somebody. Me being the idiot that i am challenged him. He figured "ok a focus with a baby seat in the back and a "tip" on his exhaust". Little did he know that tip was a magnaflow anyway i also had some stuff done to it but anyway-

we pull up to a light and wait 4 the green we both see it at the same time i take off like a bat outta helli'm already 3cars in front before we;re even 40ft away. Well i'm sure that me along with everyone here hate 3rd to 4th gear. RPM's drop, and are having a hard time geting back up. I see the RSX slowly but surely catching up. wel by this time I'm doing 90+ his front is to my rear bumper and i see his face, then the next light is red, so he couldve beat me at the end if it wasnt for that light. So we tryed again, and again. Same light sequence both times. I'll be posting the vids real soon, theyre tight vids.

ps. my ride : 2003 zx3, Magnaflow catback,
Iceman intake,
AFX udp,
Comp clutch,
and a mod i did on the radiator cover.(deleted the enormous bump)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
sounds cool,whats the specs on the rsx

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey man i hear ya but yeah its true but remember it only has 135 tq at a high rpm vice the zetecs low end torque : so i get to crush imports souls, atleast the first 1/3 mile

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
or atleast b4 because i had to trade it in for a weak 2.0pzev zx3, but thats my next project.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bad 1/5 of a mile

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
naw it was a stock rsx vs zx3 zetec 2003

·
Registered
590 Posts
with what you have done to your car and yours being an automagic thats why you got off ahead of him so quick, but with what you have it sounds almost right...except he should have been closer and you "won"b/c of a light each time...kinda weird....but nice story non the less

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll accept it, had sort of the same thing happen, although I don't think the RSX I raced was trying very hard, but, a win is a win. I got smoked by a RX-8, knew it would happen, but I got him off the line...that's all I wanted and hoped for.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i traded it in for a sorry 05' zx3

1 - 17 of 17 Posts