Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well everyone i finally installed everything on my car after all of the messed up stuff that has happend. It seems to be mechanically together but shes running like shiaatt. Im pretty sure the timing is right, cam gears set at 0,0 and the cars gurgling sputters and seems to be misfiring. I can drive it but just very very lightly anytime you hit the gas it stutters gurgles and eventually gets going but very roughly. In 2nd gear at 3000 or 4000 rpms it almost seems like its gonna run somewhat normal but after that hesitates and gurgles more. Also the speedometer isnt what it used to be like smooth, now it jumps up and down and seems to be bouncing kinda and when i came to a stop the speedo went all the way up to 140ish and came back down to zero. Im gonna call Ray tomarrow but dam i just hope whatever it is, is something electrical or with the tuning uno. Oh yea i tried loading the Nitrous and NA programs, both seem to give no gain or loss in symptoms. That dam Xcalibrator 2 i cant adjust a dam thing besides just loading programs seems like a rip off right now i just hope SCT gets the download going to adjust everything. Does anyone have any comments on whats happening. Please any comments appreciated greatly. "update the low octane program ran the best out of the 3 which isnt saying much" aggressive NA , Nitrous 50 shot, and Low octane, the stock program was horrible. Also i pulled all of the plugs and they all had black surrounding the white electrode, but cylinder number 4 looked brand new not even touched still silver. This poses a queston of maybe my fuel systems not working properly or the number 4 fuel injector is not working, oh yea i pulled one code that was a PC1000 i just dont know what it means, hopefully it means that #4 injectors not working lol.

thanks for your time

Brandon.[thumb]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well for some reason cylinder #4 is not getting gas, its getting spark but no gas. I switched the injector with some that i have laying around and still not getting gas. So now what ? What else do i look at as far as not getting gas into cylinder 4 , nothing is blocked or anything so why wont she work? What does the engine code PC1000 mean?

anyone have any ideas?

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
well i dont know about your problem but i have had problems ever since i had my cams , gears, and chip installed from ray. how do you know about the misfiring? my electronics are all screwed up..like when i accelerate it lunges backward like im slamming on the gas and all kinds of emergancy signs pop up like ray burnt the wrong code for me..you think it could be that? that he accidentilly put the wrong code down for you? its a possibility, but i think it definitly has something to do with the chip, try putting your stock chip back in to see if that helps

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea its very possible, ill call tomarrow to find out what engine code Ray burned. But i loaded my stock program last night with the Xcal 2 and it made a real loud POP! and i shut it off immediatly. Im stumped.
Now im starting to think what happend back in early May thats lead up to all my mods. I was taking a friend for a ride and took my car to about 45-50ish and hit the nitrous and everything was going good till i slowed down to make a u turn and when i got on the gas the car seemed like it was running on 3 cylinders. Eventually ran a compression test and cylinder #4 had 0psi. I took the cylinder head off and there was a small hole in one of the exhaust valves. Im starting to think that the problem im having now with not getting gas into cylinder 4 was the cause of it running lean melting the prong of the sparkplug that broke the exhaust valve once it went out the exhaust back in May.
Wow i need to get this dam thing fixed so this does not happen again.
Every time i think i solve the problem i get SMIZZZACKED!!!!!! in the face[slap]
If anyone can find out what PC1000 means as a engine code Please let me know.

Lets get this thing back to gether and running right.

thanks

Brandon.[thumb]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I FIXED IT EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

So here it is 2:30am in the morning and i just got back from test driving her. Im so glad this whole mess is over and all my money so far seems to going to pay off. I was sitting here in my room in deep thought and i decided to go out to my car and for some reason remove the whole wireing harness that connects onto your fuel injectors and has about 7 plugs on it. I took it all the way off and split the plastic case that holds all of the wires. As far as i could see the connections looked somewhat decent but the wires were just chilling there not wrapped so i took my time and rewrapped the wires with electrical tape and put it back together also cleaned every single plug with that QB electric cleaner. To my surprise when i started the car it sounded different and seemed smoother idleing. Well a truely long story short shes back to better than normal so far and i will have to say i love the ford racing stage 2's cams great choice i think for my kind of driving, the car seems to pull just as hard as it did with the nitrous just a little less but dam is this car loooooouuuuuuuddddddd! now ill be getting a resonator soon.

And everyone who sometimes feels like giving up ill tell ya look at all my mods below hard work hope and persaverance and a little luck pays off, it might take a little while lol..... but it finally worked out for me and once i recheck everything and get it dyno'd im pretty sure its gonna be real quick with the nitrous.

thanks again everyone, ill be back on with some updates soon.

Brandon.[thumb]

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
nice web blog, no one responded to you, thats messed up..........but glad you got it fixed......with as many engine mods as you have, some things not working properly or bound to happen. Glad it was just some loose wires though! It usually is!

·
Registered
258 Posts
eazyrider_tim said:
nice web blog, no one responded to you, thats messed up..........but glad you got it fixed......with as many engine mods as you have, some things not working properly or bound to happen. Glad it was just some loose wires though! It usually is!
LOL, you noticed that too!

Glad your car is running man!

When are you getting numbers for it?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Did you install the cams yourself? I got a set of FR stage II cams and FC gears sitting waiting for installation. I don't have the buckets for the cams and I'm overseas so it would be a pain to take everything off and come to find out I needed the buckets. LOL Let me know how the install went.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone,

I needed new buckets for sure because of the new head but the cam install is not that bad. My buckets were already measured from Ray at Mcnews and the head had to be ground in some places to allow proper clearence for the cams. I just had to use some engine assembely grease to coat the lobes and buckets and set the cams in put the bearing caps in in there proper places and used a nut driver to get them somewhat tight in the right sequence that happens to be from right to left towards the timing belt side and torqed them to 14 ft lbs atleast thats what the ford dealer said. The main thing that took some time was making sure my timing was somewhat close to perfect. I made a tool to hold the cam gears and a timing pin to get TDC on cylinder one. To put it this way i never really did something this involved before with a car and ill say i had the Service manual to help a little bit but i would not really hesitate to do it again if you have any questions let me know im not a super tech ... lol but i think i could help a little.

thanks again all

Brandon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts