Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 03 SVTF the day before Thanksgiving. I got a great price invoice and Ford also had a $3000 incentive. So all said and done got one with all options for $17404.[:D] I was also really interested in the WRX, but for the money I just couldn't pass up the SVTF. I can't wait to see what it can really do, but I want to break it in nice for at least 500-1000 miles.
I immediatly started searching for forums and this seems like a really good one.[thumb] I sure hope I don't have all of the problems some of the posts I have read have.
Well I am looking forward to good conversations with all of you!!

Dan

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Very nice choice in color[thumb]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
The SVTF is a great car, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Welcome aboard..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Infra3sv said:
Why did you choose the SVT over the Spec V & the Mazdaspeed?
Thanks for all the replies. I didn't look at the Nissan I probably should have. I read a little bit about the Mazda and I think it is probably a great car. I am basically a Ford guy being that my Dad just retired from working as the head bodyman and then the body shop manager for a Ford dealership for over 25 years. I also had an 89 5.0 GT from 92 to 96 and I really missed that car. I traded it in for a new Explorer and while I have had many cars worth more than that Mustang I never got excited about another vehicle the way I did for that Mustang. I realized that with the SVTF I was giving up pure power, but I tell you what the little I have pushed the SVTF so far it would out handle that 5.0 any day. I must admit I miss the growl of a V8 though.

Dan

·
Registered
412 Posts
RocknRolln
Congrats on the purchase of your new SVTF!! You will enjoy the car, I love mine. And welcome to the best Focus Forum on the net.
bfocused

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats and welcome.
Dan,
I't dosent take long to apreciate the purr of the SVT. I like mine more and more each ride. Wait till you can open her up on a regular basis. The Cosworth influence is evident. I bought mine over a month ago and two days later work gave me a truck (for work) so I only get to drive the SVT on weekends. Really something to look forward to.
I'm lovin it.
Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts