Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
price 1400 installed at the shop
ok guyz this is what were looking at. Today my suspension is done meaning i ran over a slight bump doing 55 on a highway but the ground was really uneven and now when i turn the wheel i here a bong sound.It seems like the springs or sumthing is rubbing against something.
but anyways breaking down my cost here. 275 shipped for pro kit (eibach of course i know its a lil steep but its 2day shipping he told me . 300 for the kyb shocks struts 50 bucks shipping on dat. Crossed drilled rotors 100 a piece 50 bucks shipping 50 bucks pads hold on this is a better break down wat do u guyz think ?

spring 275
shocks 325
rotors 200 25
labor350
hawk 75 padz
labor150

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
that is a pretty good deal, I would pay that much.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
I personally don't like cross drilled rotors. I've heard they have a detendancy to crack. To each their own.

I would stick with something reputable like Power Slot Rotors and Hawk Pads. Great Combo and the stopping power is great along with less brake dust. You get what your pay for when you cheap on some of your stuff and to me, brakes fall into that category. I know i got my set of hawk pads and Power Slot rotors for about $160 shipped to my door about a year ago. I do know now that Power Slot Rotors go for about $145 w/o shipping and Hawk Pads are $52 on e-bay. So around $200 you'll have a great set up. There's other sites out there but that gives you a general idea of what your're looking for. You can install the brake pads yourself and not have the shop install them for you to safe some more money. Brake Pads are easy and there is a couple of how-to's that will give you some help on myzx3.com and on focushacks.com.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I would just install it all myself, it is really easy to do. If you have one day you can do all it and have time left. For another reason you may have to get things done or at least checked like alignment after it is all done, which equals more money on your part. I also would avoid cross drilled I had some crack on me and will never use them on a street car again.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well unfortunatly i dont have the time or the money but i was needed sum opinions on the prcing seems too good to pass up and the pads are hawks the rotors might be brembo though

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
The Front Brakes are easy to do. I would say yourself some cash and do those yourself. Brembo or not, I'd steer clear of Drilled Rotors. The Sususpension you can't really do yourself, unless you have the proper tools, which it seems you don't, so a shop is about your only option on that one.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
The only tool you really need for suspension work (besides the usual) is a spring compressor...which can be rented at most of the usual parts stores. I've done some serious front-end work on my car with nothing more than a floor jack, socket set and air tools (which aren't really required.) Although, if you don't really know what you're doing a shop isn't a bad idea...but do the brakes yourself, its not hard and shouldn't take more than a few hours even if its your first time.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
na id rather let professionals do it cuz if it messes up i have sumwhere to turn instead of blaming my self

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Brakes are so easy its not even funny...if you can take the wheel off the car, use a 7mm allen wrench and a c-clamp to compress the piston you can do your own brakes. IMO, if you can't do your own brakes and haven't lost both of your hands someone needs to smack you in the head with a tack hammer.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
dont buy crossed drilled rotors, theres abosolutly no need for them. Buy something cheaper, thatll save you money, get regular brembo stock styles, they are only 50 bucks and are great brakes. Also where you getting your stuff from, are you using tirerack, b/c they usually have the best deals. 50 bucks to ship two rotors sounds pretty expensive to me as well.

Tire Rack:

Eibahc Pro-system (Springs and Shocks/dampers) $489.00
Brembo Replacments Rotors: $92
Hawk pads: $73.00
Cost to ship all in 3 days: $51.67
Labor: $150
Total: $855.67

So yea.....your saving like over 500 bucks lol. And im guessing your not ordering from tire rack if its costing you 50 bucks for shipping on just shocks and dampers, and 50 bucks for shipping on rotors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts