Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else on here still into working out? What is your training split like? Favourite workout? Etc.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My primary focus the past year or so has been on running, mainly 5Ks. This time last year I was 185lbs and in the 25 minute area. Today I'm 171lbs and running 21:xx 5Ks. Ultimate goal is sub-20's before I reach my peak.
I typically run 3x week, either 6+ miles or 3.1 miles of sprint intervals. The past few weeks I've backed off running due to over-training and mixed in a stationary recumbent bike, and also started lifting regularly again. I lift 3x week: M: back/tris, T: shoulders/Bis, Thu: Chest. I do not have a dedicated leg day, but rather mix in squats and deads here and there depending on when I run.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
ME ... I have been running around my neighborhood every morning and then hitting the gym late at night after work. Definitely feeling good about myself.

Ray

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Every. Day.

Mon: Legs
Tues: Chest
Wed: Back
Thur: Shoulders
Fri: Arms

Then I get crazy on any given day with sprints and secondary muscle groups. Include some distance runs into the mix as well. I also mountain bike often.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awsome job guys, keep killin it!

·
Jetsetter
6,650 Posts
I've been using a couch to 5k app, yesterday I did a total of 16 min of running and 20 min of walking in a 5w 3r 2w 5r 3w 5r 3w 3r 2w 5w pattern. A few months ago I had a tough time with 1 min of running let alone 5! Feeling somewhat accomplished!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The couch 2 5k is an awsome program. I am currently on week 3 day 2

·
Jetsetter
6,650 Posts
Irondemon, just noticed your in Saint John, I'm up here for work this week, today my Captain and I went out and saw the St. Martins Sea Caves and did a few hours of hiking around the Fundy Trail Parkway area. Really cool sights up here!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Irondemon, just noticed your in Saint John, I'm up here for work this week, today my Captain and I went out and saw the St. Martins Sea Caves and did a few hours of hiking around the Fundy Trail Parkway area. Really cool sights up here!
Awsome, glad you enjoyed it. Did you go the main way or take the scenic route along the ocean? Welcome to saint john btw

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beat the hell out of shoulders last nite. This is my last week of heavy lifting, going to up my reps a bit to really help bring out the cuts. Not sure how I am going to like this but it has to e done

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes diet does bring out the definition but so will higher reps then heavy 4-6 that I usually do. 10-12ish will bring out the vascularity and help bring out more cuts.

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Yes diet does bring out the definition but so will higher reps then heavy 4-6 that I usually do. 10-12ish will bring out the vascularity and help bring out more cuts.
No, my man. High reps does neither of those intentionally. High reps increases the density, hardness, and tone of a muscle; more definition is a by-product. Diet, however, intentionally brings out the cut and definition.

Vascularity has nothing to do with high reps either. Vascularity is hydration, genetics, and diet. The less fat a person has between the skin and muscle, the more visible the vein becomes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, my man. High reps does neither of those intentionally. High reps increases the density, hardness, and tone of a muscle; more definition is a by-product. Diet, however, intentionally brings out the cut and definition.

Vascularity has nothing to do with high reps either. Vascularity is hydration, genetics, and diet. The less fat a person has between the skin and muscle, the more visible the vein becomes.
ok[cheers]

·
Jetsetter
6,650 Posts
Ive been keeping up with the workouts, today I did 3 miles of running/walking for a total time of 37:19 making for a 12:16/mile pace. Had a full 8 min run in there, which is the longest I have ran in my life. Feeling pretty good about myself today. Gonna run again on Saturday and starting up the Advocare 24 Day Challenge again next week to improve results.

Also Ive been on Weight Watchers for 13 weeks now because my employer said Im too fat (not joking there) lost 10 pounds on that so far. Past the halfway point on my 5k runner app. and throwing in the 24 day challenge in there too which I lost 14 pounds on earlier this year Im expecting awesome things in October.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Ive been keeping up with the workouts, today I did 3 miles of running/walking for a total time of 37:19 making for a 12:16/mile pace. Had a full 8 min run in there, which is the longest I have ran in my life. Feeling pretty good about myself today. Gonna run again on Saturday and starting up the Advocare 24 Day Challenge again next week to improve results.

Also Ive been on Weight Watchers for 13 weeks now because my employer said Im too fat (not joking there) lost 10 pounds on that so far. Past the halfway point on my 5k runner app. and throwing in the 24 day challenge in there too which I lost 14 pounds on earlier this year Im expecting awesome things in October.
Awesome, keep it up! [thumb]

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I have a crossfit class that ive been doing, oh man it doesnt dissapoint.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I worked out on Yellowfin and some homemade greens......................

1 - 19 of 19 Posts