Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just got a beatle turbo and put a ram inatake system. I got a 2000 zx3 and haven't nothing to it yet. Are this two cars in the same catagory when it comes to racing one another? if they are what would i have to put on my focus to be able to win him[driving]

·
Registered
118 Posts
shit, i thought it said beatable. haha, oops. sorry.
what horsepower is he pushing?
it's not impossible. there a lot of mods to make your car quick. you can get at least 200 hp naturally-aspirated.
forced induction would help you A LOT.

again, sorry for being an idiot

·
Registered
639 Posts
he has a turbo beetle.

if i remember correctly the stock turbo beetle has 180 hp i think. although i dont advocate racing unless its at a drag strip, i would say the beetle will win.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The Bug would kill you. Those things handle so well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess im going to have to make a lot of mods to my car cause he is always with the fast cars and i want to win him already he also has a nissan Murano man i am in trouble

·
Registered
118 Posts
the only way you could beat him at the track, is through your E.T.'s. other than that, don't waste your gas. put a few grand into it, and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Sean hylands stuff is sooooooooo expensive.

Even at the track you would lose. Its all about the torque and his turbo is making some for sure.

Do bolt ons like intake, t/b, udp, race header, flexpipe and cat back then go race him.

·
Registered
118 Posts
yes, it's VERY expensive, but if you have the funds, it's definitely worth it. i myself am broke, so i will not be purchasing anything from him. haha

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
There are more experienced folks out there who I would trust my money and car to over sean hyland. Damn canadians with their bobble heads!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Focus_ryter said:
The Bug would kill you. Those things handle so well.
Yes, it will win. The 1.8t makes nice torque, and with an intake, he is probably pushing around 190 chp. VW intakes are notoriously restrictive.

Also, they handle o.k., but the focus is better. The beatle's front suspension is adequate, but the rear suspension is a derivative of the same suspension found on the '83 GTI. Springs and a sway bar will help, but the focus has a better starting point. One of the main reasons I traded my last vw for my focus.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I still say the bug wins, I hate those things though, ugliest car VW made besides the Cabrolet or whatever that POS is called, 1.8T golfs and jettas are tight

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
ok i raced my friends turbo jetta wolfberg edition and beat him he has a stick shift. he had an intake i had an intake and xaust. i got him he was pissed off cause i won.
i believe the bug has a 1.8 t in it too??? pushing 180hp
i heard the bug turbos dont pickup and go cause they cant get traction. why would you race a vw bug anyways??? i would laugh even if a modified one pulled up next to me and would just laugh and laugh and be like ok go.....go spin your tires and im still lauging cause you drive a chick car and its ugly too. seriously the front looks like the back and the back looks like the front. and how does the thing handle good? its a giant egg! LOL especially the one with the flowers in them in the vase or the flower rims. what a phooo phooo car. POWWA TO DA FLOWA lmfao sorry mang i just dont like them but thats my opinion dont get all werked up bout it but the focus is a much more refined looking car. my friend with the jetta says my car is a circumsized SE. whatevar you still lost and what now! hahaha SUCKA! powwa to da foci

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hey duke... I ran it up with a beeltle turbo with only my intake and he kinda walked away..BUT NO that was not enough for him.....as he waved his friggin rear wing as he passed me by..So it really pissed me off havin my daughter in the car and her saying boy dad he got you good...So to answer your ? you Will need more mods..I evnentually went SC with the JRSC..Although I got a couple others[}:)] as well. IE..cams- head-intake-exhaust-etc...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its all in the driver, your freind must have really sucked, and to your reply of the bugs just think what those fools where thinking in their big bad mustangs in the 50s while those air cooled bugs were walking all over those v8s.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
whos_your_daddy said:
Its all in the driver, your freind must have really sucked, and to your reply of the bugs just think what those fools where thinking in their big bad mustangs in the 50s while those air cooled bugs were walking all over those v8s.
ummmm riiiggghhhtttt!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts