Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo. It lives again, the porsche subject should have started it all again...the famous page that will not die.[unsure] . Come here with all good race stories and all the questions you may have about racing your buddies

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
hmm lets talk about a stock base 300zx auto, anyone have any feedback on me VS that?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
got a friend w/ one, thinking bout running him and another friend w/ a lowered Integra 5 spd w/ catback and intake

·
Registered
688 Posts
hmm 4 speed auto..about 222h.p....havent driven one..but autos arent so torguey like a mtx..so u might have em in the start but i dunno...depends on ur car..n the ZX is heavier and bigger..not by much tho..but i dunno..race and find out

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know, my initial reaction would be to say you would lose, but like an idiot, I didn't look to see if you have whats done to your car listed, I've only ever driven the turbo, and it is pretty quick, but they are heavy... so if you have some good mods and he is pretty stock with an atx I think you got a shot, try to fool with him a little and get the jump at the start and you will stand a chance of taking him, as usual I expect focaltech to convientally (sic) supply us with the stock 1/4 mile figures, that will help you to know how close you are!

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is gay. Why are people restarting old flame wars and dead threads? If anybody has any sense in human decency, they will never post on this thread again. Cut it out. :(
Its a brand new forum, people! Start clean!
Get with the program.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i know that the twin turbo is a 14.1 stock so i imagine that the base 300 with auto would be in the 15's... probably can give him a good run for his money if not win.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
i would say with your mods...it is a drivers race...

Joel

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
there goes the times viney...thanks focal...

Joel

·
Registered
405 Posts
what does a duratec focus run?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
0-60 is supposedly between 8.3-8.9 depending on manual or auto and driver.
quarter mile is around 17 seconds if im not mistaken

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with VWs? Empasis on 1.8s? I know we're pretty close in the quarter. I test drove a 1.8 beetle and can't tell whats faster but I think a stock svt handles better than a stock beetle.
VW & Audi use a lot of the same parts. Has anyone had any experience with a TT or any other Audis? My cousin has an Audi TT Coupe 180 and I'd rather not race him if he's going to hand my butt to me in all gears.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.