Votes: 6 16.2%
  • other (post who you suggest)

Votes: 2 5.4%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am still waiting on my MBRP exhaust to arrive, but when it does, shortly after i want to get the SCT Xcal2 and tune my car. I'm thinking that i would get ahigh mileage tune, and daily driving tune, and a super agressive autocross tune. My car is an automatic (feel free to boo me) and i have the mods listed below in my sig, who is best to get a tune from?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Wayne at Hypnotic without a doubt.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I only have experience with Randy at FS myself and the tune I had (SCT) was very nice on my car, very noticeable and I was very happy with it.

It all depends on what you want, IMO, all the ones mentioned are good.

·
Registered
301 Posts
randy. esp with the steeda intake. HE called ME personally to discuss it and assured me that I would be getting a proper tune. also I recived my excall II only 3 days after I placed my order. I had orderd from someone else on the 2nd and finally canceled my order on the *14th* after waiting around for a full 12 days with no contact or tracking number...
to be honest I think if you have the time and the patience, then anyone will send you a tune youll be happy with. but if you want it in a reasonable time and you want to be able to get ahold of someone that will help you out, then go with focussport.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I voted all of the above. I got my tune from Wayne and I am very happy with it. More power and better fuel economy, what more could I have asked for? lol I personally recommend Wayne but any of those three listed do very good work.

·
Registered
409 Posts
With the few mods you have, anyone will do. If you go with cams, turbo, etc, then it gets complicated. Who's closest? If you can knock on their door if there are problems, that ALWAYS helps...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i beleive wayne is in GA, and focus sport is in CA, i'm not sure where tom is. But i dont think any of them are too close

·
Registered
409 Posts
www.sctflash.com

Enter your zipcode and check with a local dealer if you really think you need it to be "dead-balls-on", since they can dyno-tune YOUR vehicle.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
frednessss, that does makes a lot of sense. [scratch]

·
Registered
409 Posts
A "canned tune" or SCT value file tune works fine for 90% of the people out there.

If you NEED a custom tune, you can't get it through the mail (without it taking multiple attempts and e-mailing files/data-logs/graphs).

If you go to SCTFLASH.COM and enter your zip code in the top right corner, you can find your local dealer/tuner. You go to the dyno/track with him/her and they tune your vehicle on the spot. THAT is a "custom tune". Not something that was tweaked based on someone elses dyno run/vehicle [nothing wrong with it, but it is not "your" tune, it is from a "Similar" vehicle].

Obviously, a dyno-tune is optimized for the dyno. It has almost nothing to do with the street. It may have the highest horsepower ever! ...and drive like dung. There are a lot of considerations, driveability is a major one. Same for data-logging at the track. Anyone with a Racers-Pack can tell you it takes time and effort to get it right. If you do nothing but dyno-wars, get a dyno-tune and call it a day. If it is a trailered auto-crosser, get a track-tune and be done with it.

I just wouldn't knock someones product because magazine "X" did a dyno shootout and product "Y" had 1 HP more. It's not necessarily better...

I don't think you could go wrong by getting it from anyone listed in the poll, I always like someone I can talk to face-to-face, that's all.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well I jumped on Tom's latest offer and am waiting to get in the Predator to see what kind of difference it makes. I have read here of people being happy with tunes from all of them, so going with someone close to you makes sence if they are the same price.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
I voted wayne, because I have his tune on my automatic, and its amazing. Totally different car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i was thinkin of gettin a tune but i dont know the first thing about tuning a car. i have a mm cai and borla exhaust. or do they do everything and i just plug somthin in or what? lol i dont know =/

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
tom at focus power because he is a god... im serious he is the jack rousch of drag racing focus' ( for those who dont know, roucsh was a bad ass in the not so bad ass ford market, meaning pinto's and mavericks and such

1 - 20 of 23 Posts