Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the other day I was by Sandia Motorsports i went to the dumpster and they have a platform to weight the trucks that go in and out, to kip track of the waste. So I pull my car up and my car weighed 2870 lbs (+/- 10)with 17in svt euro rims, full interior, with a moon roof, no sony audio, my backpack with 3 college books and me inside. So I came to the conclusion that my car weights a little over 2700 lbs more or less. and i think its a bit heavyer than the SVTf

not sure if this is performance related but im sure it has something to do with it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i need to weight my ZX3 with me in it, last car i had was 2280 give or take 15lbs with me in it :p

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I know there's a pretty significant range on SVTf weights, I need to see if I can find a truck scale nearby me, mine came with no optional equiptment, and a 3 door, so it should be on the light end.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
at was considering one of those scion xA's, but only because they weigh 2300

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
if yours is like mine, no moonroof, no eap, no winter package, no traction control, my shipping weight was 2499 new. Now its appx high 2300lb range.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
b16sir1991 said:
if yours is like mine, no moonroof, no eap, no winter package, no traction control, my shipping weight was 2499 new. Now its appx high 2300lb range.
what did you remove? i wanna get some weight reduction.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well james, take your car like if you were going to Sandia motorsports but go streight about 1/4 down and you'll see a gate there, and just go up the ramp. if the ask you what did you need, just ask him/her where is the jail. hehe that is what i did. and on the window you will see a box with some numbers.

just by an estimate i think you should be around 2500lbs

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh and i might be heavyer than the SVT's but i still kill them at the 1/4 mile. [woot]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 06 ZX3 with power windows, air, cruise and no sunroof or anything fancy like that and, with some stuff in it, it came up as 2640 at a weights and measures tested scale. I'm in the process of taking out the seats and some other extra stuff from the rear portion of the car, at 95 pounds so far, I'll have to post what my weight is after all that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts