Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to lower a 2000 4-door SE and i was wondering who here has one thats lowered and what did they use and how much did it lower. Pictures would be great too. Thanks!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Good question Dan! I am looking for the same thing.. only mine is a 2001 Sedan. Street Edition.

So, if anyone out there has these pics or this info... tell us!

Crazy Matt

·
Registered
793 Posts
well i have a 2000 se that is lowered 1.5 in the front and back but i have no pictures,, the springs are from goldline and are currently up for sale e-mail me if you are interested.... they are great springs!!! [email protected]

·
Registered
732 Posts
shyt, I can't wait till my sedan gets lowered. To high for me!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have the Eibach Sportline Springs on my 2003 ZTS, Looks tight, makes the car ride even better than before. Make sure to get the Eibach Pro Dampers for an even better stiffer ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it true the eibach sportlines are progressive and the prokit are linear? Or are they both progressive? Thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am not sure on that, but the sportline has an extra .5 inch drop on the car, in front your car will be dropped 2.2 and your rear will drop 2.0. It is a nice ride none the less when I get pictures I will make sure to post.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i just bought a set of Eibach Pro-Kit and the Eibach Pro Dampers. Does anyone know where i can find out the rates on the springs?
As soon as i get them installed ill post pictures!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have a 2k SE. I had G2 springs from Germany on her for about 1.5 years. Lowered 2" after settling. Loved them, but wanted more. Went with the full SVT suspension package and am even happier. Coupled the suspension upgrade with urethane bushings from New Edge Performance and firmed things up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have 1,6 liter Euro Sedan and I have put the Performance Kit from Sachs. I can say that is really good and not too hard for me. The loss in comfort is just a bit. The car dropped about 3cm front and rear.

Here is a picture with before...

·
Registered
793 Posts
zts racer the sportlines are 2 in the front and 2.2 in the rear!!! u just had them mixed up

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
i've got a 2002 mach zts. it's got the h&r cup kit on it (spring/damper combo, 2.7" drop). handles incredibly.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
yes, it really drops that low. it really levels the car out, unlike a lot of other suspension setups (unless you go with coilovers). here's a few more for you....

i wish i had some closer pictures, to show you how low it drops, and how it practically eliminates any wheel well gap you have. but hopefully this works for now. [:)]

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
I still don't know how you managed to drop almost 3 inches with 18's and don't rub.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
i do, on hard cornering, and dips in the road. but i can turn lock-to-lock with no rub, and typical roads are no problem. you mainly notice the rub in the front. sit 2 adults in the rear, though, and you'll notice it back there too.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
so it's just a matter of paying a bit more attention to the road then, that's not too bad.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
yeah. and also the fact that the wheels i have a 40mm offset. get a 42mm offset, and you will be fine.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
mine are 42mm offset, and I know if I went down 3 inches I'd rub like a mother. This always confuses me anyways. I guess its kind of a look and see kind of deal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts