Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yah i want a dual exhaust, but i wanna know the pros and cons of it. and where to get one at thanx for the imput

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i think if you got dual zaust that'd kill your hp. there wouldn't be anypressure in your zaust system. i think that is kinda retarded anyways cause you only have one exhaust manifold a.k.a header. i wouldn't even bother wasting my time or money on something like that... thats just me though you do what you want to playa ; )

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey. i personally have dual exhaust ran on my zx3 and i gained mad hp. if you have it 2.5 all the way through then yes you will lose hp but if you do it like i did and run 2.5 and then when it splits off bring it down to 2.25 or even 2 if you want then that will create the back pressure you need. check out www.supertuning.com or call koko at 818-998-2335. just tell him that josh with the focus gave you the number and he will hook you up. he is in van nuys, ca.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Dual exhaust + inline motor = waste of money

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
u cant have true dual exhaust with our car. everyone is right it wont make any more power, but it will look good if u like it. my friend has duals on his focus they just split it with a y pipe. and no it wont make u lose any power.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
4 banger + y-pipe = rice sure ins some sense it looks nice but it's not functional and it's just tacky

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
how is it not functional? its just twin tipped exhaust. its not like the y pipe cuts off one of the tips from even flowing. its just not true dual. its twin tipped. not like its non functional hood scoop. 2 dif ball parks.

·
Registered
793 Posts
i think it looks ok on the zx3 with the rear bumper that has the cutouts for the tips!

·
Registered
875 Posts
EuroZX3 said:
how is it not functional? its just twin tipped exhaust. its not like the y pipe cuts off one of the tips from even flowing. its just not true dual. its twin tipped. not like its non functional hood scoop. 2 dif ball parks.
One exhaust pipe per bank of cylinders is the rule. There is no performance-based reason to split the exhuast flow of a single header into two pipes. It's a waste of stainless steel. Dual exhausts on Vee motors are beneficial because there are two headers. Splicing both headers into one exhaust pipe would create unnecesary back-pressure in the system, reducing performance. Therefore, each bank of cylinders gets its own.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't see how it will hurt anything. If anything it'll help you flow a bit better. If you like the look then do it. I've seen one where it meets in the middle of the rear bumper but I know nothing about it.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I have two rear openings in my bodykit for the pipes to exit from.. and I must say, it looks more asthetically pleasing to have in balanced with a pipe on each side...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I don't have the dual exahust though, just a singel chrometipped.. but I do want the dual.. sorry, should have put hat in my last post.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
vtecklr, you do not gain hp with dual exhaust, i am sorry to say. you have one header manifold not two. inline 4 motors have no point to having dual exhaust, all it does is have one straight pipe coming fromt he header and then at the back of the car is splits off, no point in doing it, except for looks, and genereeally when i see 4 bangers with dual exhaust i tend to laugh.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
haha and as for the y pipe it would look funny on cold days with the steam coming out the back of only... one pipe?![scratch] [hah]

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
cripes, guys, lay off. he didn't ask "hey, do you think dual exhaust would look cool?" dual exhaust (and yes, i know we're not talking true dual in this case), does not hurt as long as you don't get too big with the pipes. ricey? well, that's your opinion. if the rear bumper has openings for dual exhaust, then it's almost a must. personally, i think the symmetry of it all makes it look cool.

as far as where you can find an exhuast, i've been doing a good amount of research on exhausts lately and have not come across one company that makes a dual exhaust kit for our car. (makes sense since most people won't go duals unless they have a body kit on that makes it work. since all body kits are obviously not the same, it stands to reason that one standardized kit would not be offered) your best bet would probably be to go to a reputable muffler shop and have someone fab something up.

Mike

·
Registered
526 Posts
[confused] i think i smell some rice cookin here and i don't mean uncle ben's......even though it is your choice, i beg you not to "dual"/rice your focus out. but if you are all about show and no go yeah i think that might just be the upgrade of the new year!!!!!!![limp] [scratch]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cripes, guys, lay off. he didn't ask "hey, do you think dual exhaust would look cool?" dual exhaust (and yes, i know we're not talking true dual in this case), does not hurt as long as you don't get too big with the pipes. ricey? well, that's your opinion. if the rear bumper has openings for dual exhaust, then it's almost a must. personally, i think the symmetry of it all makes it look cool. . . . . .thanks whiteboyslo couldnt have said it better. just wanted to see who had them and where i could get one at. i think im gonna get the Magnaflow exhaust.dont trip guys its a SINGLE. lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
i've actually seen a dual exhuast on a focus and i thought it looked pretty nice. sure it may not do anything, but like whiteboyslo said, "the symmetry of it all makes it look cool"

·
Registered
456 Posts
And think about this, it may look ricey to have the body kit have to places for the exhaust and only have one pipe. And like others said, it makes no performance difference having the Y so, if it will look better with it, why not? Like whiteboyslo said, just go to a good muffler shop and they will be able to do exactly what you want.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts