Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dont see how it doesnt help. Just by looking at how much the flap and the tabs on the sides block the air flow does the tumbling effect really make that much more of an improvement over more air flow?

I bought a second intake manifold to do this to it. I wanted to clean one up and paint it really nice and then do the mod.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
I've done the "Cosworth" tumble flap delete... [hihi]

but I know tb1999 did it on his race car with my stock manifold.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done the "Cosworth" tumble flap delete... [hihi]

but I know tb1999 did it on his race car with my stock manifold.
Well i dont expect cosworth type of gains but i would think something like this could be a fairly cheap and slight improvement.

How long does it take to dial in the cosworth remotely? For those who went to the cosworth how long did it take to dial it in so it ran decent? tune wise

I would think Its probably easier for Tom to dial in the cosworth because more people are running it

·
Registered
582 Posts
tom told me he can tune for the tfd and that you can expect a little extra power in the lower to mid rpm with little to no decrease in gas mileage. he recommended doing it and said there was no reason not to do it. if i had more time i would do it. check out tb1999s dyno run in the official dyno page. with the few mods he has the #s are great. tfd had to help. plus the tuning for it changes the timing curve. instead of getting a big timing burst at 32 to 3400 when the tflaps effect diminishes you get a more steady timing increase i.e. more low end timing for better response etc. just what i have found out from my own interest in tfd

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tom told me he can tune for the tfd and that you can expect a little extra power in the lower to mid rpm with little to no decrease in gas mileage. he recommended doing it and said there was no reason not to do it. if i had more time i would do it. check out tb1999s dyno run in the official dyno page. with the few mods he has the #s are great. tfd had to help. plus the tuning for it changes the timing curve. instead of getting a big timing burst at 32 to 3400 when the tflaps effect diminishes you get a more steady timing increase i.e. more low end timing for better response etc. just what i have found out from my own interest in tfd
Cool i like how that sounds. You have any links or anything i can read more about it?

Well i havnt removed mine yet. I cant decide which one to do.

The guy K Dog from massive sold me a brand new one never ran for $85. shipped but its so clean i wonder if i should keep it stock incase i have issues with the tumble flap delete i can put it on. Since its new and clean i figured it would be better then the one i have on the car now with 51k of junk and carbon baked on it.

Im cleaning all the burs and extra unused tabs and stuff off it now.

How do you get the tumble flaps out? It looks like a pin going threw the center of the intake is it just a metal rod?

It appears that once you remove the rod there will be holes that need to be plugged or filled in where the rod went threw?

I read on focal jet the marcy motorsports guy did it with good results but it sounded like he had some trouble tuning it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts