·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP ! ! ! Who has an SVT JRSC Set up?

Hey guys!
I have an '03 SVT with the JRSC set up.
I need some help.
I bought my car with the supercharger on it so I'm not 100% sure what the yahoo before me did.

Here are my problems:

1. I burned through 2 Alternators over the past month. (if you have a supercharger you know what a pain it is to replace one)

A. I have done the Big 3, minus the alternator power cable. I have the cable to do it but it ties into the starter and I'm not ballsy enough to get into messing with it. But there aren't any shorts in the existing cable. The area not covered in loom is in good shape.

2. I have a miss at 3000 rpm's. (has gradually gotten worse)

A. I have replaced:
a. Plugs
b. Wires
c. Coil Pack
d. Fuel Filter
And I have dielectric greased the necessary components.
B. I have run Octane Booster's, Fuel System Cleaner Etc...

3. I have NO EGR Valve. I have no DPFE.

4. My CEL keeps giving me 02 sensor codes.
Guess: I have an aftermartket downpipe, which I'm guessing got rid of my catalytic converter.

*sigh

Thanks in advance for your help. Anyone who has a JRSC please post your pictures so I can compare layout etc.

THANKS THANKS THANKS ! ! !

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Hey I know your pain.

I have a miss at about 2800 that has gotten more noticable over the last couple years. I'm not sure why either. However it is always on a downshift and never on a rev. Kinda quirky and it may have something to do with the VCT. What spark plug gap are you running?

You are getting a code because you don't have a catalytic converter. You need to get a MIL elminator or tune to get rid of it. If I was closer to a good tuner I would already have a tune.

As for the altenator, make sure you are buying a new one and not a rebuilt one. Buy it from a Ford place that will get it to you for 10% over cost. AKA Mike at Hillbish Ford (on the forums)

Most obvious question I missed, do you have the BBK? If not I would advise getting it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey I know your pain.

I have a miss at about 2800 that has gotten more noticable over the last couple years. I'm not sure why either. However it is always on a downshift and never on a rev. Kinda quirky and it may have something to do with the VCT. What spark plug gap are you running?

You are getting a code because you don't have a catalytic converter. You need to get a MIL elminator or tune to get rid of it. If I was closer to a good tuner I would already have a tune.

As for the altenator, make sure you are buying a new one and not a rebuilt one. Buy it from a Ford place that will get it to you for 10% over cost. AKA Mike at Hillbish Ford (on the forums)

Most obvious question I missed, do you have the BBK? If not I would advise getting it.
Whats a BBK?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Big Boost Kit. A new smaller pulley and misc parts to increase boost.

Do you have a tuner? Predator or SCT?

Are you running the JRSC Black Box? It is basically a cheater box and very poor way to run the car. It could cause these symptoms, and all this could be fixed with a custom dyno tune.

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Whats a BBK?
BBK = Big boost kit

If you look at your JRSC supercharger does it have a blue or black pulley?

The miss could be quite a few things in addition to what you have done. Fuel pump, PCV valve, vacuum leak, maf dirty (if you are using an oil filter), IAC valve, TPS (throttle Position Sensor), and or low compression in a cylinder. It's hard to diagnose a miss without having the car. Hopefully someone will chime in.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Boost Kit. A new smaller pulley and misc parts to increase boost.

Do you have a tuner? Predator or SCT?

Are you running the JRSC Black Box? It is basically a cheater box and very poor way to run the car. It could cause these symptoms, and all this could be fixed with a custom dyno tune.
How can I tell if I have a little black box?

Is the Predator/SCT a obd II ran tuner?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BBK = Big boost kit

If you look at your JRSC supercharger does it have a blue or black pulley?

The miss could be quite a few things in addition to what you have done. Fuel pump, PCV valve, vacuum leak, maf dirty (if you are using an oil filter), IAC valve, TPS (throttle Position Sensor), and or low compression in a cylinder. It's hard to diagnose a miss without having the car. Hopefully someone will chime in.
I have an ano blue pulley

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Yes they are obdII tuners.

The black box would be in your engine compartment, look for wires that splice into your MAF, and Injectors. If they are there follow them to the black box. If there are not any splices then you do not have one (A good thing). Then you have a custom tune from a shop, or the previous owner sent in the ECU to get the Ford Racing Tune.

If you have the predator or SCT tuners you can datalog, and see exactlywhats going on. That will help us give a solution

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts

The black box would be in your engine compartment, look for wires that splice into your MAF, and Injectors. If they are there follow them to the black box. If there are not any splices then you do not have one (A good thing). Then you have a custom tune from a shop, or the previous owner sent in the ECU to get the Ford Racing Tune.

If you have the predator or SCT tuners you can datalog, and see exactlywhats going on. That will help us give a solution

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

No Black Box ! Must mean it was sent in...
Could the battery being disconnected for a week have reversed the tune and put it back to stock????

·
Registered
387 Posts
mine burnt out a month after i put it on but its been good since i got it repaired and stuck it back on only cost like 50 dollars i tihnk maybe less!as far as i know no one knows why it gives maybe its spinning the pulley more than it wants to and it gives i dont know and as for taking it apart so much i feel your pain man its like cake to me now ive taken it on and off like 7 or 8 times now!!! it isnt so bad when you get use to it and you kinda enjoy working on the car the only bad thing is that your working on it cuz it messed up. but good luck man hope it works out

·
Registered
387 Posts
mines gapped at 45 i think if i remember right but i get bad miss to in the range of 2500 to 3000 it sucks not always but sometimes i get it usually when cruising

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mines gapped at 45 i think if i remember right but i get bad miss to in the range of 2500 to 3000 it sucks not always but sometimes i get it usually when cruising
I'll check that tomorrow. Would the gap specs change with the supercharger? I gapped them to what the dude at Auto Zone said was recommended... [???:)]

·
Registered
387 Posts
yes they do change! if they are working with that much than i guess its ok but most got by 45 and then move up to what they can get away with i think someone correct me if im wrong becuase im not expert at sparkplugs!! so id wait for someone with more know how to respond before you got changing but mines at 45

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes they do change! if they are working with that much than i guess its ok but most got by 45 and then move up to what they can get away with i think someone correct me if im wrong becuase im not expert at sparkplugs!! so id wait for someone with more know how to respond before you got changing but mines at 45
Thats cool man, I appreciate the input. *Rep Point

1 - 20 of 91 Posts