Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And Yes! I did use the search button......no hits.......

Just want to know the size of the resonator and the impressions people got out of it.......After the [FJ] shoot -out def going with the FocusSport one.........

Should I go "Stealth" if I only plan to get a JBA header to complete my whole set-up?............

Peace.....

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
its 2.25, but its also ceramic coated [thumbd]

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I am not a fan of that either but FS puts so much effort into their parts that I would trust it.

Its not like they would skimp on that. Plus there are lots of folks with these systems and alot of mileage.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
This may be a no brainer but who sells the FS exhaust below their advertised price of $299 and a shipping price lower than $77 ?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
microtonal said:
This may be a no brainer but who sells the FS exhaust below their advertised price of $299 and a shipping price lower than $77 ?
They want $ 77 to ship an exhaust, holy casabas!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
id check out the shipping again that doesnt sound right. get them on the phone and talk different shipping options. the guys over at focussport are real cool and will BS with you for a while on the phone. real down to earth and honest about their parts. the reason they didnt make their exhaust stainless steel is because they didnt foresee much of a market in it for them to have it produced in both, to my understanding anyway. just get it coated, and u will be fine. i dont see you needing to go stealth for just a shorty header, but u still can and it will be even quieter :) but still throaty.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well i got a Focus Sport Exhaust and I love it. The ceramic comes optional. I have and off road header so i went for the stealth muffeler and thank god i did cause it is still a little loud but it sounds awsome and a felt a tremendous gain. When i put the header on to the stock exhaust I felt a little gain but soon as i got the FS exhaust in it was pretty impressive. Between my intake and the exhaust set up i love the sound and performance.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
wait, i'm confuse. ceramic-coated=bad, mofo? i would think it'd be a good idea considering the exhaust isn't SS.

any ideas on how much and where i should look for ceramic-coating, euro? i know of a place where they do basic powder-coating, should they be able to do it?

Mike

·
Registered
337 Posts
IF its stainless you dont need to ceramic coat it. you can orderer the FS ones coated or not coated. Ceramic coating used on Aluminum pipes to prevent rust. so yes its good. Stainless is preferred tho.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I ordered mine...should come soon, I'll post pics and everything.......

I am going with the "Stealth" option too....one day I'll save enough to get a header.........

Peace.....

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
John said:
IF its stainless you dont need to ceramic coat it. you can orderer the FS ones coated or not coated. Ceramic coating used on Aluminum pipes to prevent rust. so yes its good. Stainless is preferred tho.
Mofocus meant that the ceramic coated isn't s good as SS in his opinion. I believe thats what he meant.

·
Registered
424 Posts
So the ceramic coating is worth 75 bucks or no?>

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes...when I ordered it, FocusSport called me up and told me that because I live in VA and snow falls during winter time I should def go with the Ceramic coated...........I will tell you when I look at it this summer.......I had it already through some snow so it will give me some ideas on the quality when I inspect it fully..........

Love the exhaust looks and sounds BTW......

Peace.............

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the FS ceramic coated flex pipe and stealth resonator for about a year (about 38,000 miles). They went through the nasty winter we had here in MI. I just had the opportunity to view them while the car was on a lift. They look perfect. The guys who do all my installs (and who have 35 years of experience working on hot rods, Panteras, etc.) told me that they would last a very long time with that style of ceramic coat. My older black ceramic coated FS exhaust is now quite rusted. The newer style is MUCH more effective.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I live in Southern Cali, and they reccomended that I get the ceramic coated one. 3 year warranty vs 1 on the non ceramic. You can get it with cheaper shipping charges here: http://www.zapspeedracing.com/

·
Registered
424 Posts
It is just a focus sport dealer. I don't know why Focus sport charges so much for shipping.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts