Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a trip up to Wisconsin and back, my SVT's nose was covered in bugs. It was almost as if I had laquered the front end with dead bugs. Fortunately I had a good coat of wax on there and the stuff washed right off.

So I got to thinking about a deflector/bug shield, as I looked at all the little stone chips in my car... and no, I don't like front-end masks (full size or minis), I've seen the long-term damage they can do.

I started looking around on the 'net, and I find two types of deflectors:

1. A little bitty one from Ford and the OEM
2. A huge one from some other company

They both look kind of tacky in the pics I see, but I figure as my car is black, they might blend in better.

So does anyone have good clear pics of what each look like? I did a search here and found a few, but none convinced me I should add one.

And more importantly, can anyone who has one of these say that they for sure help keeps bugs and small stuff off the hood and windshield?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about it, but the majority of my problem is the bugsplatter. The chips I've learned to deal with over the years (in all my other cars).

I do have the 3M stuff on my fogs now, after the #$%^& rock took out my fog, and the fog glass took out my tire.

$157 for the tire and $55 for the foglamp. I got the 22mm thick stuff for the fogs as cheap insurance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts