Focus Fanatics Forum banner

5561 - 5575 of 5575 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Keep it up, when you have no SSI or Medicare or retirement at all and you think about how good we older people had it you'll be looking back at the days when you brought it into fruition due to witless thinking.

ANYBODY who goes extreme left OR right is f-cking crazy, neither side has a plan that works without bankrupting millions of people. Billions if you count the others on the planet you mess up besides yourself. The middle understands that as most of us still remember parents who went through the depression (they told us in great detail) and why depressions generally happen every 30 years. The original people who went through the last one and the children of those must mostly be gone to let those who have never seen bad times fret and worry about 'how bad things really are' when they are spoonfed from the day they were born. Then they go on to make stupid decisions.

You few who are well off remember the other cause of all depressions, the concentration of all wealth into the hands of the few and we are worse there now that even in 1929. The problem here is the temp agencies and how they have lowered all wages from $30/hr. to as low as $12-$15 for the people who used to make that. Then look at how many 'jobs' have been created, they are all for low pay and why there are more than there ever was before, each person needs 3 jobs to keep up nicely now and husband and wife commonly hold 4 down. And you idiots keep telling us about how Trump is breaking all jobs records! Where's coal today? Lies. Net job loss. Where are the manufacturing jobs? Lies, they have dropped the last 3 years. The average wage has dropped overall. Where is the economy? The tariffs have taken 50 billion out of the economy so far, we have lost one full point of GDP due to them. More lies! Stock market is up! Look at the price to earnings ratios, they are PAST 1929 crash ratios, the banks now have as much bad mortgage as they did in 2008 when the housing crash happened then. Kill Obamacare now and see what happens, once the big companies got used to a certain amount of profit; they will go as far as to KILL PEOPLE to keep them that way. What do you think the party that moans about people accusing them of killing people is detestable will say to what the insurance companies do in response to that? They ALREADY KILL PEOPLE, my prescriptions have gone up at least 500% in price since Trump showed up and people less able to afford that are dying every day! Yet jackasses crow about how wonderful Trump is.

I got laid off at 53 and was considered too old after that to hire unless they got me for $8/hr., before that I made $25/hr. average. There was nothing wrong with my health.

Contrast that with now and if you are over 35 now you are considered too old to hire in most cases as they want the dumbest of the dumb for workers, they are willing to suffer the losses in stupidity and profits to keep the pay that low and why everything now gets f-cked up in some way. The older person has the balls to demand more pay and is smarter commonly than his boss to make him look like an idiot again and again, when they look at your resume they toss it in the trash as they know you will have their job in 15 minutes.

Ask the farmers that are losing their livelihoods yet still feel pushed to praise Trump. One thing marks all of you people, you are bad at life in general and you don't back down from your mistakes as you are too proud and will go through hell to destroy everything around you rather than admit you were wrong. It is welded into your DNA type. That's where I see one political party at today, they would have never acted like they do today 20 years ago. Now they are pussies just as weak as the other side they rail against all day long. And liars of the highest caliber even more so to themselves.

You who quote the Trump words with similar idiocy bereft of all reason WILL pay for it at some point and sooner than you think, you think you are being smart but anyone who embraces a liar that fully is void of mental aptitude and that includes the evangelicals. Read the Revelations and see how many church people will go to heaven, it's a mere trifle of the number that thinks they will. The rest will be singled out for special punishment.

Trump is the merest sign of the problem, it is the dumbing down of the white boy that is the true problem. You have gotten so stupid you have stepped back in evolution. And, as pointed out before I AM WHITE.

When I was in school '59-'71 we could count maybe 2 or 3 children in every class that were that bad out of 30-32, now we are at 40%, that does not bode well for the pure white race. You already saw once how stupid it can get (WWII) come on, get some more in a world of 8 billion people. You are not smart enough (the atomics alone say that) to make it without getting along in peace with the other races and the Chinese are already breathing down the back of your neck. All because everytime you spouted useless bullsh-t about 'patriotism' you were quietly planning on selling out all of America's strongest companies to foreign powers. The white powers-that-be are the creators of the Chinese dragon. Among everything that is turning into pure crap on this planet. The rest of you that follow are lemmings doomed to go off the cliff all the while thinking you were 'doing something'.

·
FF Affiliate
30,356 Posts
Race shouldnt be a factor , I want to see obama care GONE it cost me 10`s or thousands of dollars with my Wifes heath issues that are not covered , medication not covered only people I see obama care helped is the people to lazy to get off the a$$ and get a job , yes jobs are out there , so what if there 8.00 an Hr its a job till you find something better , Pisses me off to hear people ride the cuffs of tax payers because they feel an 8.00 an hr job is beneath them , Not doing anything car related I could find a 12-15.00 an hr job with in 3 -5 days and by the end of the year be in the 18-22.00 an hr job or more , Jobs are out there if you want a Job and I will be 59 in June
The stock market is at its highest its been ,Shiller CAPE is ridiculous , The stock market is a give and take but when there is more money ( give) then there stocks worth what there earnings are ( take) stocks keep going up , intrest rates low make it easy for companies to barrow which is unstable money so will be interesting to see what / if Trump does anything to stabilize this before we hit another crash that will be worse the the 2007/2008 crash , I am selling off my stocks for great gains because I feel a MAJOR crash is coming

Trump 2020

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm sure most parents and definitely kids were happy that the affordable Care act allowed them to stay on their parents plan till they were 26.
Nothing is going to be perfect for everybody. just because a law affects one person negatively doesn't mean it doesn't benefit others.
A low-wage job literally won't even pay for a one-bedroom apartment full time. I'm not saying not to work but it's hard to motivated when you can spend your entire day someplace and not even have enough money to actually live.
In North Carolina where you live Tom and I live, You can make double the minimum wage and you would still massively struggle as a single person working full-time living in a ghetto apartment.

Instead of being angry at the fast-food worker working full-time who can't provide for themselves. Oh by the way the affordable Care act allowed that full time fast food worker be able to buy health insurance, so they didn't have to go to the emergency room for every single thing. Be mad at companies who send jobs overseas, be mad at companies who would rather pay huge dividends to shareholders than give their employees a living wage.
My wife and I and do well together in the six figures but I also realize people deserve opportunity and somebody working full-time as a single person should be able to have their basic needs met. Like a one-bedroom apartment that's functional, transportation, medicine and food.

It's sad my parents made more money 20 + years ago than they do today still working full-time. My dad will be 63 this year and my mom 60. It breaks my heart to see them not doing well financially. Both my parents worked and worked and worked.

The stock market started doing well before Trump ever took office.
That is a fact.
I would know my wife and I have retirement accounts we see them every quarter.

You seem angry Tom. You know if more people did better your business probably also would have done better.
We are fighting over who gets the biggest crumbs, we need to focus on the entire pie.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
780 Posts
I want to add of course I get irritated by people who take advantage of the system because they want to.
But I am more angry at the fact that our federal government allowed itself to be manipulated by a company like Boeing and allowed it to self certify its own airplanes. Which resulted in hundreds of deaths. That CEO wasn't fired for a long time and when he was he received a massive payout more than any of us will probably make in a lifetime multiple times over. Do you not see something wrong with that picture.
The FAA was the gold standard of the world and we turned it into a joke.

The person Trump put in charge of the department of education is a terrible woman. The federal government promised people who spent 10 years in public service as long as they paid on their student loans as agreed upon the government would forgive the rest.
Guess what almost everybody literally everybody is denied. We made a promise I don't care if you agree with the program but if you make a promise you honor it.

You know who I'm not mad at though the 19 year old who just wants to live. Who just wants a basic simple life and he can't achieve it, because jobs don't pay enough. He wants to get out of the ghetto/trailer park, and have a clean place to live, a vehicle to drive, maybe take a girl on a date. The key word is a basic life I didn't say a fancy life. Any full-time job should pay enough for a basic life. I didn't say a family either a single individual should be able to achieve a basic life from any full-time job. It's 2020 Bojangles should not be having two sausage biscuits for $2.

There is a cigarette company that is local to me. They make Newport cigarettes and others. They were bought out I believe two times. They paid people very well to give an example a forklift driver made $30 an hour with full benefits they could have paid him $10 an hour with no benefits. Why did they pay so much because it was the right thing to do.

If everybody was capable of a high-paying job guess what they wouldn't be high-paying. There's only so many of those positions at the end of the day. There's always going to be working poor people because that's how the system is set up I want to fix that. I don't want a society where people who work at a dollar store, a retail store, a restaurant, who clean hotels and everything in between to live a life of poverty and shame they deserve better than that.

I'm not going to be angry I'm not going to throw insults there's no point. I just want the world to be a better place without suffering and that is possible. We just have to be willing to care about other living things.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being well-off. But does one person really need multiple Mansions, airplanes, helicopters and every super car in existence probably not.

·
FF Affiliate
30,356 Posts
Noooooo NOT angry at all , Loving life , I guess we live in different parts of NC , My Grand Daughter work part time at McDonalds , 10.50 an Hr takes home about 1200 a month part time , Not going to get rich but can live off that day to day and she is 16 next Month , Summer time she also mows yards and makes about 300 a week there another 1200 a month in the summer 2400 a month avg that 28,000 a year , you have to want to work to be able to find a job

Of all the people I know not a one has benefited from obama care and in most cases it has cost them , a solution that works for everyone would be impossible I get that but obama care isnt the answer , before obama care I had Insurance on my wife altho very costly at least I could get it and afford it and I cannot now , it went up in cost by 70% , wont cover most of her issues and 10% of her medication thats over 1000.00 a month and why I go to Mexico so I can afford it

Tom

·
Registered
780 Posts
Cool that she is getting paid that part time at McDonald's.
I have a couple co-workers who have children that age and they told me how much they were getting paid working in fast-food. I couldn't believe it was still so low like under $8 an hour.

$10.50 for a 16 year old is not bad.

·
Grey Friar
667 Posts
If you hate Obamacare so much, you should be very angry with the GOP for demanding that there was NO single payer option included in the list for possible funding sources, that's what allowed the cost of insurance to go way up. Anybody who gets angry or upset with welfare recipient individuals, should be more angry with the corporations who now get even more money in welfare payments (tax breaks, "pork" giveaways, and subsidies)... many tens of millions vs hundreds or thousands. Once the government option was removed from the list of potential sources for health insurance, the medical insurance companies could just jack their rates... all they had to do was keep an eye on the other insurance companies' rates and coverages. All the while our American manufacturing goes down or overseas due to cost of materials here (tariffs).

I was talking with a liquor store clerk the other day. I wanted to buy some Hennessy cognac behind the counter, he happily told me to get it now, because the price will go up the next time they purchase the cognac from France. He was happy about the DJT tariffs that have gone into effect against French imports. His reason was that other countries have tariffs against our liquor products (not France, but Mexico). He confabulated that a can of Budweiser costs way more in Mexico than it does here, but didn't know that Corona (made by Budweiser in Mexico) cost much much more here than it does in Mexico, due to our tariffs against Mexican beers. That's due to BOTH the old NAFTA and the new DJT-agreement. He thinks tariffs are a "good thing", but fails to realize that they simply raise the cost of everything to the consumers, in both countries having a tariff war. With wages at a standstill, inflation of prices hits workers harder with tariffs than without... they do nothing to stop price gouging or balance-of-trade issues, they just make everything more expensive and cost good jobs to disappear faster, and farms to collapse.

·
FF Affiliate
30,356 Posts
Equal Tariff is a great thing , yes it will cost the consumer more so buy made in the USA , It to help keep jobs and manufacturing here in the US vs large companies making things in a less labor costly country and shipping them back , why should our products cost more going into a country so that country buys built there vs cheaper to come into the US , To ship things from asia into mexico cost far more then shipping things into mexico from the US and shipping to mexico cost far more then shipping from mexico to the US it should be the same cost US to mexico or mexico to US

If you want to lower prices to consumers get rid of the unions , there was a time and place they were needed that time has come and gone and unions dont do much more then keep the prices of product going up and up

Trump2020

·
Registered
780 Posts
I don't like bashing my head into a wall over and over. Which is why I took a break from discussing the stuff for a long time. I'll just agree to disagree and go about my day.
Oh and don't mess with my European liquor and cheese.

·
Grey Friar
667 Posts
ABT 2020! (Anybody But Trump 2020.) Nuff said already.

·
Grey Friar
667 Posts
Too bad the current administration hates education, and wants to bury it. You are right, good education means good thinking, good thinking means good actions, and good actions means a good place to live. Without good education, you get craptastic results, like Trump as POTUS. I suppose that's why the current criminal creep wants to starve-out education... too many ignorant people falling prey to fascist propaganda, where money is the only determiner of worth.

5561 - 5575 of 5575 Posts