Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting one, but would like to know everyone else's opinions on them! Also, post pics if you do have one![ffrocks]

·
Registered
366 Posts
I thought it came with a spoiler? Or at least it says "included"?
More like a sun shade.

·
Registered
882 Posts
More like a sun shade.
All hatch models come with a spoiler. There's a more aggressive one (modeled after the ST version) that adds air dampening and air movement (basically has 2 openings for air movement) that moves more air down across the back bumper. It keeps the back more clean (since any dirt or grime gets thrown up on the back of the car with the standard spoiler).

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, I wonder what other things it might do that are actually detrimental to the handling of the car. Ford extensively wind tunnel test their cars, has this one had the same?
Chris

·
Registered
609 Posts
hi, its doubtful it would hurt it any-since it was modeled after the one on the new ST

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More like a sun shade.
yeah i totally agree. the hatch spoiler looks so much more aggressive and rally like...also keeps the back clean too? thats a win situation right there![headbang]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I'm definitely getting one of these... as soon as I pay off my credit cards.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It keeps the back more clean (since any dirt or grime gets thrown up on the back of the car with the standard spoiler).
You got this right, my tail needs wiping all the time. Brown particles from the tail pipe?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
You got this right, my tail needs wiping all the time.
My rear end is also horrendously dirty ([hihi]) - and the dark color doesn't help. I can't wait to get it!

·
Registered
533 Posts
hi, its doubtful it would hurt it any-since it was modeled after the one on the new ST
Hi, doubtful maybe, but modelled after can mean something completely different especially when it came out before the ST actually appeared to the public. It obviously changes the airflow at the rear, but the benefits are questionable, as I said before, Ford will have wind tested their version and there is no way of knowing what stresses this aftermarket bolt-on may have upon the rear of the car. However we have choices in life and whether you decide to fit this is up to the individual.
Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts