Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just picked up a focus yesterday and it looks like the previous owner loved his armor all. There are white stains in random spots and im curious on how to remove them. what products would you recommend to maybe strip off all the old armor all and then what to use to protect it. i personally hate the greasy look and feel of armor all so something that isn't shiny would be great.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do not have pics right now but they are bleach like stains

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
That stuff I use re-colors the outside trim; but if the spots are really light, hmmm.

·
Registered
41 Posts
MILE30, you using some sort of trim restore? i have some i use on my Z28, but havent tried it on the inside yet.....i have Turtel Wax Trim Restore

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I used turtle products until I found commercial/better stuff to do the same job, since then I only use spray wax or wax-as-you-dry products... For trim I found NOTHING better than a product I used years ago at a detailing shop in MD I used to work at; I even did a comparo on trim restoration products with an almost completely faded Chevy Avalanche hard tonneau:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253945

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I was flamed for my fervent fanboy-like ranting, but years later I stick by what I said then: it's the best stuff I've ever found for trim. It's a gelatinous, gray dressing and is ideal for all shades of black to light gray trim (interior -or- exterior), I've even found a way to use it on light to dark tan trim without staining the plastic...
That's a different thread I haven't even made yet, though.

Post a cell pic if nothing else, just make sure it's decently lit so we can take a better gander at it... right now all we can offer is conjecture!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts