Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Trey said:
I was told I have white smoke coming from my exhaust eny 1 know what it could be?
Yeah, a big headache and a bite mark out of your wallet. Is this happenning to your car? It's what the others have mentioned in their posts. Check your oil, if it's got a creamy color to it, you've got problems......

How much white smoke though cause when you start up the car and the humidity is quite high, you will get white 'smoke' coming out of the exhaust due to the car burning off the moisture (in the exhaust) from condensation.

Does it do it all the time? Does it do it after you've been driving for 20 minutes or so? Does it get worse if you rev the car up? How much 'smoke' are we talking.....

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
yep...down here in louisisana, 100% humidity EVERY day causes that goofy white smoke to come out of the exhaust sometimes. You can actually see the water vapor shooting out whenever the bigger engine cars gun the throttle.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it has been really humid lately, and they just started noticing it. Also this weekend I had a watered down oil looking fluid coming out of my transmission, it is a manual eny 1 know what it could be?

·
Registered
25,620 Posts
So the oil in your tranny is looking like a milkshake?? That means coolant is getting in the tranny somehow.

Or maybe it is not coming out of the tranny and is leaking from elsewhere. Check your engine oil and see what it looks like...

I still just suspect this may just be condensation in the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no it smells like roten eggs and it is leaking like a bitch like atleast half a quart and none of my oils are low. make sense?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have not driven my car hard in a long while, atleast in 6 weeks, I have been shifting a 3 every gear.

·
Registered
590 Posts
now if I could only remember to freshman year of highschool in autotech when i had to know the smell of all the liquids in a car and the rotten egg smell is something bad...DAMN IT!!! i cant remember i will ask around and get back to you

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
i thought the rotten-egg smell was a fouled cat? (Which, coincidentally, can be caused by coolant via a blown head gasket)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would do this first... better to spend a small fee on a techs opinion than to spend $$$ on a new engine because you fried your rod bearings.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
white smoke usually means oil is leaking into your exhaust. That is if it is PURE white smoke and it smells like oil. If it is a greyish/white smoke, you could be running lean. Darker smoke is usually running rich. Check to see if it pure white.

·
Registered
25,620 Posts
elitekorri said:
I would do this first... better to spend a small fee on a techs opinion than to spend $$$ on a new engine because you fried your rod bearings.
I have to agree with that. I cannot see what you have, so I would take it by a shop and let a tech have a look and see what is up...Let us know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts