Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok this is it i just about had it with my car it is not working again!! i NEED HELp because i dont know what is wrong with my car. This is the story for the last couple of weeks my car has been trowing with smoke threw the exhaust, just little bits, but the car would sound like a lawnmower that had a carburetor. So 2 days out of nowere tons od with smoke is cominf out of the exhaust and a load explosin underneath the clutch padle. Plus the car wont pick up over 60mph with out it baggin down .
help anyone know what could be wrong.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
uhhhhh stop driving it for starters.. once you noticed smoke comming out the exhaust.... that was a sigh something was wrong.. maybe a blown head gasket? check the coolant too.. if theres oil in it... not good... whate else is wrong with it? how do the fluids look?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually wen i got home i checked and the oil was very low. the thing about it is that less then a month ago i put 4 bottles of oil in it and they were all gone. plus there is alot of white smoke that comes out of the cams wen i open them to add oil. All this started to happen after i changed the altenator.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
4 bottles? u mean quarts? thats part of the problem.. takes more than 4 quarts...

this sounds like a hokey story...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i could not put 5 bottles because the car had oil in it 5 quarts would have been to much.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YES. the oil stick was at its lowes level passible . after i added the 4 bottles the oil stick read full. but that dosent help me find out what the [email protected]#%# is wrong with my car help.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
how long were you driving without having those 4 qts of oil in it? that would be a major problem.. driving without oil...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well wen i got home, i checked so i drove it about 40 miles with very little oil. but wen i added oil it workd just fine for a couple of mins then it started to blanked the streets full of smoke. O yea one more thing there is a little hole in my exhaust at the end were that bucket is right before the exhaust ends.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is your check engine light on? I had some of the same symptoms that your having when my O2 sensor went out. But if that was the case with you, your CEL would be on.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
If you were reading an oil level on the dipstick that was "at the lowest level possible" there is no way you were four quarts low on oil. If you were four quarts low on oil, there would be NO oil on the dipstick at all. Four quarts low is practically out of oil. And if you were four quarts low on oil, your engine has problems.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
If this is true this car is looking at a engine rebuild or a new engine all together. The problems that have been stated will require major engine work no matter what. This is not for a novice.

Good luck sir!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I call B.S.!!!! And if not, then you don't deserve to have a car or a license.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
well its not a made up story. i have no reason to make up such a story about my car.and second the car is running like shit. I actully turned the car on ofter three days of it being parked. smokes still comes out and it still sounds like shit.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
azdamay said:
If you were reading an oil level on the dipstick that was "at the lowest level possible" there is no way you were four quarts low on oil. If you were four quarts low on oil, there would be NO oil on the dipstick at all. Four quarts low is practically out of oil.

I second that!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
o yea the check engine light is on anf it blinks like crazy when i rev the engine pass 3500rpm. and the smell that comes out of the exhaust smells like firecraker smoke it sticks.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts