Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recognize this car? Was posted on /o/ in an Import Face Off at Belle Rose, LA thread. Wondering if the owner was around here. Poster said the Focus badge on the back read "Fucus"

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could do without the windshield decal, but FR-S/BRZ/86 is a sexy car. That's what I had my heart set on before I bought my Mk3. Test drove a couple, but in the end I couldn't afford $25k. $15k was in the budget, though, so a 5spd Mk3 hatch it was.

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
I got over the sticker trend myself (aside from my own winshield banner bearing my username) so I may be a bit biased. I'd place it like the one on the civic.

I was 5 minutes from a Mazda, they were prepping it for delivery, then they pulled some bs (I did plenty of research on the exact model/trim I was buying) and I bought a Focus that cost me $1k more than I had budgeted, but I wanted blue [facepalm].

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I decided I couldn't afford the FR-S I started looking at econohatches. It was between the Focus, Mazda3, Elantra GT, and Kia Forte5. I really didn't want the Hyundai or Kia, so they were only passing considerations. I went into the local Ford dealer and got them to $15,500, after $500 trade in on my beater Acura, on a 5 speed hatch SE with winter weather package that was located 130mi away in Nebraska. I went home and called the nearest Mazda dealer(an hour away in Sioux Falls), but despite 30minutes on the phone they could only come off the MSRP on a new base 3 $500, which ended up at $19.2k after delivery but before TTL. I liked the Mazda more, honestly, and that's what I wanted, but almost $4k more for it was not going to happen.

Here I am a little over 2 months later with 3700mi on my '14 Mk3. Couldn't be happier, for the most part.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Yup. That's a good picture of his car too. He just got the handles, front bumper, rear SES bumper and door side moldings all painted. I wish I could find him a set of wheels for cheap. SES 15 spokes in blue I think would be great on his car.

I am not a sticker fan myself, I would LOVE to own his car, I would personally remove every sticker, but I respect his work and he has really made awesome progress. I believe the hotwheels sticker is for his son.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Such an old post lol. just saw this. Heres a recent pic. Of note I was at the belle rose import faceoff again this past weekend. I walked away with best domestic compact. Its come a long ways since last year.

[/IMG]

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Looking good.

You almost got me bumping this one, since it was posted a year ago I wasn't looking at the year as I read it again (march 9 looked current).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts