Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just started hearing an odd whistling noise today at idle. it doesnt get louder with rpms that i can tell. i stood looking under the hood and listened. i thought maybe it was just my intake cuz i recently took off my air resonator. the sound was coming from the belt area though. any ideas? ive got no other problems but the whistling..yet :(

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
when is the last time you cleaned your tb? if never you should give that a try. your tb responce will improve and perhaps the whistle will go away.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
tb? i'm guessing that stands for throttle body?!

how do you go about cleaning that?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Get a can of carb cleaner, remove throttle body and spray until clean. Reinstall throttle body, install intake tube.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
^^ of course you have to to this in a well wented area and if you have trouble getting it clean you might have to use a brush of some sort. just get a can and read the instructions. i clean mine once a year, there is always so much buildup on them.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
could be your tensior pulley, I get that same sounds once in awhile

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry lol. for some reason when i reloaded the page it showed that mine was the only post. thanks for the responses guys. i have never cleaned my tb but it sounded more down in my belt. i watched it for about 30 seconds and i noticed it seemed louder when the bottom front pully wold kick on. i let the car sit for a few hours and on the way home from work i didnt notice the whistling as loud. thanks again for the responses guys but could someone give a little more detail on how to clean the tb? i dont wanna break nothin and i have a bad habit of doing so lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts