Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Focus S, and whenever I set the thermostat to "heat" (anywhere in the red area of the dial), I hear a whistling sound from the air vents. I've had this problem since day one, but I've just been ignoring it.

Does anyone know if this is an easy fix?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII section for more looks from owners of this model.

·
Registered
952 Posts
My air also makes odd noises but more off and on. If I have the fans on high for a while one starts to squeel. :|

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have a 2012 Focus S, and whenever I set the thermostat to "heat" (anywhere in the red area of the dial), I hear a whistling sound from the air vents. I've had this problem since day one, but I've just been ignoring it.

Does anyone know if this is an easy fix?
Are you planning on heading in to your dealer to have this looked at? Please let me know, along with your mileage. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you planning on heading in to your dealer to have this looked at? Please let me know, along with your mileage. :)

Meagan
Yes, I think I will have to. I probably should have done it when I first noticed it two years ago. My current mileage is about 17K.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Yes, I think I will have to. I probably should have done it when I first noticed it two years ago. My current mileage is about 17K.
When you have an appointment set up, please let me know. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I noticed that mine whistled.. Turned out that one of the dash vents was shut. Only made the noise when the fan was on full speed. I opened the vent, and whistle noise went away. Made me think that perhaps when on full, the fans are moving so much air, and the vent was not closed "air tight", so the escaping air was moving at enough velocity to make it whistle.

Try checking that all your vents are open, and see if the noise goes away. Mine was the passenger dash vent. The wife had closed it because she was too hot one day, and that was what was causing the whistling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts