Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so it's been some time since I logged in here. For the most part the ol' wagon has been very reliable for being a pick n pull rescue. I do have an issue that I don't even know where to begin looking at how to fix. When the car takes off there's a whine or grinding sound coming from the rear. I cannot tell which side it's coming from. Could it be a wheel bearing?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, I would say it could be a wheel bearing. Replace your drums out back and see--make sure to check your spindles when you do so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's the only thing I can think of so I looked it up on YouTube and it doesn't seem too hard. To do both sides the kits will only cost about $100 bucks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup! Finally got around to replacing this and yean BOTH wheel bearings were toast! What ever moron that last had the car poked holes in the dust caps so they rusted out. Wasn't that hard to repair though so that's good. It's all quiet now but I think I'll look into the fronts just to be safe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm pretty sure my fronts are going. Search youtube for how to on the fronts--vastly different than the rears, in case you didn't already know. Really lousy design in the back, IMO. And the fronts seem to fail regularly as well from what I've read.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts