Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I bought Centric blanks and hawk pads for all 4 corners of the car and since the wheels and everything will be removed i'm gonna be doing some suspension work also.

Now....what else should i do while i'm in that general area? I've debated on doing the stainless steel brake lines but having never bleed the brakes on anything i'm a bit intimidated by the whole thing. It's been at least 4 years since anything brake related has been done...maybe 6 but i dunno if the previous owner or the dealer has done anything before my ownership of the car. So i'm thinking it might be about time to replace the brake lines also since my braking has gotten a bit weaker since i first owned the car and i'd like to firm it up a bit.

Also, whenever i'm driving and i start turning right i'll hear a sort of a howl noise coming from the front of the car...possibly on the drivers side. I'll be looking around but i'm not even sure what to be on the look out for. So any help with this would be appreciated.

So, with all this said...is there anything else i should be on the look out for? or should i not worry about anything else and just do the brakes and suspension?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
That howl could be as simple as an alignment issue or it could be a failing wheel bearing, or it could just be normal noise of the tire (my tires howl when cornering and it's normal).

I would say if the lines aren't broke or leaking, just leave them. No sense in wasting money you don't have to. Unless they look beat to hell and cracked up, then it's a given for safety sake.

Also remember that the rear calipers will turn in, not push in. Opening the bleed valve helps a lot with the ease of turning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts