Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my daughter's focus 2001 zetec won't be available for me to look at until the day I need to start on the belt. I have all the tools and I am familiar with this job. The question - if I buy the belt kit with the TWO idlers is ONE of them the correct size for a one idler pulley zetec? Is it safe to buy the two pulley kit because one will fit? thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I got the Gates kit from NAPA, and it came with the two pulleys. The larger one is the correct one, at least it was for my 01 zetec. It also comes with the tensioner.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yes, there is an extra pulley in the tensioner/idler kit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I read everything on the internet, including a blurb on gates sight. Looks safe to buy the two pulley plus tensioner kit and if I have a one idler pulley engine one of the pulleys will fit and the belt and tensioner will work as well. So the TCK294A kit SHOULD work.....I may just have an extra pulley.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I looked this up for someone in the past using his VIN number [forgot the year] there were two sizes of idle pulleys used, one or the other for that year.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I just compared the two kits side by side. The 294A kit and the 294B kit are exactly the same except the A has an extra smaller pulley. The belt, the 60mm pulley and the tensioner are the same in the A and B kits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts