Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have 4-1 race header, 2.5 flex pipe, cat back, and a CAI what and my Air Fuel ratio guage is all over the place. I know I need a good tune but I don't know which one would be best.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
lots of information can be found using the Search Bro.

I recomment Wayne @ Hypillauto.

He is alil MIA right now tho, but he'll be back soon.

·
Registered
958 Posts
ive heard lots of good things about wayne, and lately a lot of good things about turbo tom

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
turbo tom I see allot of people having problems contacting wayne he is though a hell of a guy so either one would be cool

·
Registered
633 Posts
DO NOT GO WITH WAYNE. i currently have a subscription with him and after a month of having i finally got my tune only becuz i yelled and spoke up alot! i have like a month or so left and he hasn't given me any support or updates which is a crock of shit.. go with TOM is a great guy and i hear nothing but great things about him.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you have a 4-1 header and it has two bungs down on the collector,move your primary O2 sensor from the header tube down to the collector.You will have to extend your wiring ,but it is worth the effort.It made a big difference in my a/f control.Seems the O2 gets a better reading if it uses all four cyls. rather than just one.I went with FocusSport for a tune on the Xcal2.It is perfect.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
go turbo tom cause wayne will give you a piece of S**T tune and say it is dyno based when it is really pulled from his ass. Don't go with Focus sport cause they don;t understand tuning like s**T man, randy is perhaps the worst tuner out there for FI and I wouldn't trust him for NA. Turbo tom will tell you like it is and give you the most bang for your buck, he didn't tune my focus only because he stated he has no experience with the SPI, and I didn't wanna waste more money on a BS tune(no offense tom it would probably be better then waynes) that isn't dyno based
I am going to buy my prp from wayne when I get the money thoiguh

a very drunk IAn

·
Registered
170 Posts
Isn't this the Zetec forum?Why are you spouting off about spi tuning?He also said NOTHING about FI parts on his car.I don't know how you can bad mouth FocusSport when those guys are seriously into performance and helping people make their cars fast.The tune on my car couldn't be better.For the mods he has, an Xcal2 w/FS tune would be perfect.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would go with Ray(McNEWS) or Tom. They are both very good and very helpfull. Good luck with your car.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
yea good luck. best bet would be find a place local mang. get an sct xcal II and take it to a dyno shop.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
ive heard so many bad things about randy, and then ive heard good things. i dont know what to beleive at this point.

but focussport is a huge comany in this community so i doubt you will be screwed by them.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I'd had nothing but luck from Randy, most of the 'bad things' are just part of the ongoing battles between the competing companies. I'll leave it at that.

I'll say this though, of all the people that I myself have dealt with on specifics regarding a component of the focus (when it comes to aftermarket), Randy is by far the best, both in customer service skills and company support.

I got SCT chip from Randy (and plan more products in the future) and he even took the time to call me 'after hours' to answer my questions, keeping in mind that I live in CANADA so very 'long distance'..... amazing customer service!!

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
I've had nothing but good experiences with randy at FS, and am very pleased with my second tune[:D] my next tune will be in the form of the sct prp from tom @ focus-power, both are very cool guys and good tuners. [thumb] the two best in my opinion.

·
Registered
468 Posts
if you are in Chicago i'd try Massive out....but if you are doing a mailorder tune, I hear good things about everybody, from Tom to Randy. I don't think Ray does mailorder tunes, but if i'm wrong, he does a really nice job also : )

nothing will beat a dyno tune tho...i'd try to do that if you could : ) maybe buy some cam gears to dial it in some more

·
Registered
356 Posts
Poney said:
lots of information can be found using the Search Bro.

I recomment Wayne @ Hypillauto.

He is alil MIA right now tho, but he'll be back soon.
DO NOT use Wayne... hes not a"lil" MIA... hes F'n gone and hes taken peoples money in the process. A lil MIA is like being out of contact for a few days. Wayne has been almost impossible to get anything from for over 2 months. Even his business partner cant get info from him anymore. Steer Clear!

Poney is just one of those folks who follow blindly never questioning, always believing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts