Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used SCT XCalibrator with Waynes tunes, and I was wondering which tune I should use for my daily driver? The tunes on it are the Street tune, Strip Tune, and a modified Strip Tune. Thanks

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I run with his street tune all the time and I am very happy with it.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Does your car sound like ass during start up? And when its not warm, my car jolts at 2000rpm when i get off the gas. Also when its cold, i have the engine feel like it cuts out around 3000rpms, you know where you are accelerating then all the suddon feels like the car hit the brakes and you get lauched forward a little in the seat and then it comes alive and now you get jerked back into the seat. I need to pull over on the highway and data log today.

·
Registered
133 Posts
SVTbedson said:
whats a tune that all you guys are talking about????????????????????????????
What many consider the single best (cheaper) mod for the svt...

The stock ecu has been known to be less than ideal, a tune will help with low rpm throttle surging at part throttle, usually switch the dsi over at 5k (stock is 6k for the '02-'03 svts), give you a few horsepower, get the idle down more quickly after start-up, some say give you 2-3 mpg...so go buy one...[;)]

here are the reviews....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36117&perpage=12&pagenumber=1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts