Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Amsoil ATF

Votes: 1 14.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally purchased another transmission for my car [headbang] Now I would like your guys' input on which automatic transmisison fluid is preferred. Let it rip...

Also post where you found the cheapest deal for the fluid.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
awesome man!!!! RP if you need and extra set of hands to put it in let me know

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
RP is what i use. it is pricey but worth every penny. when you get it make sure you replace the filter and also you may want to buy one extra bottle to use to flush it a bit. also running seafoam trans tune in the original fluid before changing will help you to clean out any extra crud

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RP is what i use. it is pricey but worth every penny. when you get it make sure you replace the filter and also you may want to buy one extra bottle to use to flush it a bit. also running seafoam trans tune in the original fluid before changing will help you to clean out any extra crud
The trans I'm getting has 30k miles on it and is shipped empty. I have a brand new motorcraft filter.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's always been Mobil-1 for me.
Ive tried Royal Purple before in my Nissan, but it seemed to turn dark sooner than Mobil-1.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
the darkness of the RP partly comes from the purple dye that does not stay purple.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
None is any better than the other, I shall not vote. Also by design the auto is doomed to fail anyways.

Why is it you need a new trans?
What failed in the old one?
Fix what the problem was in the old one, update parts or stronger parts. That way you don't have to waste money on gimmicks in a bottle.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
None is any better than the other, I shall not vote. Also by design the auto is doomed to fail anyways.

Why is it you need a new trans?
What failed in the old one?
Fix what the problem was in the old one, update parts or stronger parts. That way you don't have to waste money on gimmicks in a bottle.
The trans slips from 2-3 and 3-4. Its not the solenoids. It's the clutches. I went to several different shops to get estimates on what it would cost to have the work done....$1,000-1,200.....I'll pass on that and just buy a used low mileage trans for $275.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts