Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a full set of the 17" OEM 15 spoke wheels. Does anyone have suggestions on which tires you liked the most? Which last the longest and won't require me to have my speedometer/odometer calibrated?

These will only be summer wheels, and I should note that I put about 30k miles on my car a year, so longevity is kind of important. I'm not looking for the best tires in the world, but bang for your buck is always a plus.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Oh, and here are two of the wheels, just after I gave them a good wash:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I had Ecsta AST's on my other car and they were great. They held traction even when they were completely bald and I mean bald. And they still held in the rain too like that.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just got a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS and I love them. As for longevity I'm not sure yet.
It was a SMART move buying this model tire! I have the same on my Focus!. They are worlds better than the OEM tires Ford puts on the Focus! I have a good amount of miles on my set and they still look like new! and the ride is smmmmmmmoth! Check em out!

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
I use Nexen tires. can be a little hard to get ahold of now, but are inexpensive and work well for everything I do. they have summer and all season models and both work great

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
I put Continental ExtremeContact DW on
Theyre a summer tire and the grip is awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts