Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e165/avengerc4/Massive Speed System GTG/IMG_0199.jpg

I've been wanting these for a hella long time now and want to order them ASAP!! :D I think I found them here

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=342

but I would like confirmation of this first that they are the same. Also, what kinda wiring do I need for these?!? Will they come in the box when I buy them or what? I've never done a euro conversion before, but want these lights like now :D I also wanna find the hood latch for my car since I bought the euro grille from mcnews. I'm just hoping that the lock on there is the same!! arg Thanks all!
-Joe

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS: Are the bottom lights still reverse lights and the red leds also turn signals or how does that work?!?

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet thanks a lot man! So these are stateside and I won't have to wait forever for them!! Badass!! And huh I wonder if cops will give me shit about them since their technically "not legal" damnet....well I think I'm gonna get em anyways. I'll call my sisters bf when I'm at work and see if he thinks anything of it. Thanks!

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also are these any good build quality do you know?? Thanks again!

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
avengerc4 said:
Also are these any good build quality do you know?? Thanks again!
I'm not sure myself. You should call them up and ask them some questions. I'm pretty sure that they would know better than I would about the wiring, harnesses, sockets, quality and all that stuff.

FYI - They are an authorized vendor on Focus Fanatics, so I would assume that they are great people to deal with [thumb]

Cheers!

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doin that now thanks!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a set aswell.

Some people have the socket for thoes lights (mainly svt's I think) located just inside the hatch about half way up. I did not have this on my ZX3 so I spliced the wires and finished her up.

Originally these lights are meant to function as LED Brake/Running lights, and amber turn signal (the clear lens at the bottom). All you have to do is turn the signal into a reverse light, it was easy.

Also, mine flashed at double rate when originally installed due to the GEM thinking the bulb was burnt out. So I had to splice a resistor into the led circuit to make it flash normally.

I have had no issues with the lights and have had them for awhile now.

Hope this help. [:)]

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pm sent to you level :D Thanks

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
They look weird.

Then again, so do I.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
jrzx3 said:
They look weird.

Then again, so do I.

hahahaha best statement ever... i dont even know what you look like but it just struck me as funny.

·
Registered
444 Posts
levelseven said:
I have a set aswell.

Some people have the socket for thoes lights (mainly svt's I think) located just inside the hatch about half way up. I did not have this on my ZX3 so I spliced the wires and finished her up.

Originally these lights are meant to function as LED Brake/Running lights, and amber turn signal (the clear lens at the bottom). All you have to do is turn the signal into a reverse light, it was easy.

Also, mine flashed at double rate when originally installed due to the GEM thinking the bulb was burnt out. So I had to splice a resistor into the led circuit to make it flash normally.

I have had no issues with the lights and have had them for awhile now.

Hope this help. [:)]
Ya, the 05 and below have the correct socket for 'plug and play' fun. No splicing required.

And amber turn signals at the bottom? are us sure u have the same lights? Mine were white from the get go and were reverse lights. And yes i have the same ones as the pics. Eurostar LED tailligts....so i don't know what your talking about...

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
i don't particularly care for those, i think thier kinda ugly.. but every one likes differant things

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I called them and they don';t make them anymore :( I guess I gatta get em from european parts.

jaim....it's all good. I like em and I know other ppl won't but it's cool. Theres trhings I don't like either hjaha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts