Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all stock svt suspension and am thinking about upgrading the rear sway bar to make the car handle better with a little less understeer. I've been shopping around and it seems like my choices are the Progress, H&R, or Steeda bar. Does anyone use any of these on the SVT and have any opinions?

·
Registered
484 Posts
yes before i say i am a noob to the performance mods....what exactly does the sway bar do

·
Registered
348 Posts
reduces body roll.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I'm very happy with the Progress 22mm bar. It will give you a nice netural balance.
My girlfriend has an H&R 24mm bar on her SVT-equiped Focus, and while it makes oversteer a bit easier, it would be on the line of what I consider street-safe (don't want to oversteer when you don't want it, like in an emergancy)

·
Registered
511 Posts
I believe the SVT comes with a 22mm bar stock. I myself am going to go with the H&R, I've had good experiences with their products. The Steeda bar looks nice, but I've seen a warning (on steeda.com or c-f-m.com, I can't remember) that you must use a larger front bar or else you'll get a lot of oversteer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the Steeda 28.6mm rear bar on my SVT - the car will oversteer, as I found out in a most unfortunate way. As far as everyday driving under normal conditions, it performs beautifully; however, on slick roads, its what I would call "unforgiving." I should also note that I am using 5mm H&R spacers in the rear to improve the stance and somewhat counteract the propensity to oversteer.

·
Registered
591 Posts
stock svt bar is 21...seems as though the best bar to go with is the progress 22mm or the H&R 24mm dont rule out F2 i beleive has a 25mm bar now along with Eibach...i may try the 25 seems liek a happy medium...the steeda is a bit large if your not going to urgrade the front you may have to becareful in certain conditions.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
I feel the 22mm prog. works great, very controllable at speed.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm planning on getting the Eibach anti-roll kit (22mm front, 25mm back) And i was wondering if anyone has this and how much does it improve over stock?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I have the H&R 24mm front and the steeda 28.6mm rear, perfectly balanced with the Tein springs. Like the previous guy said, it used to oversteer bad. The 24MM bar took care of all that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
a shout out to Ryan - metal IS awesome!!
[headbang] [headbang] [boxface] [bash] [bash] [headbang] [headbang]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts